This Disappears When Logged In

So Happy About My Collection Improvements

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by king1239, Oct 24, 2012.

1. king1239

king1239 Elite Member

I got a black bulb and im gettign a new iran jaya python and a huge cage for it shoot some links of good breeders that sell those pythons? =)

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Acreptiles.com? Haven't used them myself but know someone who did and their jaguar python is gorgeous.

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Seen some beautiful Irians on Fauna lately.

4. CdnBlood

CdnBlood Member

I've been at this for 25 years and I don't understand the logic behind people wanting snakes from breeders when there are always *so* many out there always looking for a good home - IJs included. If someone can explain the thinking behind this, I'd sure appreciate it :cool:

5. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

The main reason that I can see would be provable genetics if they ever plan to breed it. There is also the fact of a reliable feeding and shed history. Health records or any vet paperwork.

6. CdnBlood

CdnBlood Member

OK, I can understand that. Thanks :)

7. king1239

king1239 Elite Member

and in my case i live an an area where there are no exotic pet stores or rehab/rescue centers and pythons like an iran are never for adoption.

8. CdnBlood

CdnBlood Member

Well I'm not sure if that's good or bad news, lol. In my area there are dozens of snakes needing new homes everyday in local classifieds, and that's not good. Royals and Carpets are like baseball trading cards where I live. It makes me sad. I think I'd almost prefer a lack of them over seeing them being considered practically disposable :(

Anyhow, back to the original thread - I don't want to side-track threads; I was just curious :)