This Disappears When Logged In

So Dissapointed...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IWantReptiles, Dec 1, 2014.

1. IWantReptiles

IWantReptiles Well-Known Member

Hey guys...

I had posted a video on YouTube about Leopard Gecko Tank Setup and I was proud of it.

I get a message later from Rich...

Basically the message said to take down the video because it had the HC logo in it.

Worried, I deleted the YouTube channel and replied saying I was sorry.

Now I'm thinking...
    Should I quit being on Herp Center?

Ever since the beginning, I have been having barely any results on some of my threads and the whole YouTube video thing broke the camels back.

Sorry...

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ok you need to understand something. All of our material here is copyrighted. If we did not do this, anybody could come in here and copy things, put it on a website as if they, themselves, created it.
    And some actually have tried!
    We have worked very hard over the years to build what we have here and we protect it.

3. IWantReptiles

IWantReptiles Well-Known Member

Hey. I know. I am deciding to leave you guys...

Not because of you personally, but from a lot of trial and error!

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

You'd be surprised how often people steal info from this site.

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience here. Don't be afraid to come back if you don't find what you're looking for.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And if this is your first reptile forum,...you are in for a sad realization. We keep a tight control on things like bashing and name calling.
    Most other forums tend to be a free for all.
    You also have to keep in mind that this site is run by adults who are serious herp keepers. We can keep an eye on the type of nonsense that other sites allow to be posted as fact.
    But if you do leave and find out what I have said to be the truth, we will be here.

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

As I expressed to this user, I hold no ill refute against them. They were trying to help spread Herp Centers name. They attached the sites trademarked logo to the video, which establishes an endorsement for whatever material was in the video. This site only endorses what the site produces. If you aren't a representative of the website that has written permission to use the registered trademark, you can't use it. (The sites logo is actually trademarked with the USPTO.) We can't have people posting material and attributing it to HC when we didn't produce it.

I don't know why you would leave the site. I don't know why you would create a post asking if you should leave the site either. We handled this via PM, where it should have stayed. Until you posted this, no one knew you were asked to take it down or that you had used it without permission to begin with. You are turning an issue that I considered resolved into something much more than it needs to be. If you choose to leave, good luck wherever you end up. If you choose to stay, that is cool too.

7. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Hey, I didn't consider it a big deal until I saw this post, even though you were in violation of our registered trademark. Seems like this issue should have stayed between you and Rich, instead you made a big deal by posting about it.
    Either way, good luck out there! We are always here if you decide you want to participate in our community of reptile lovers.

8. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Copyright and Trademarks are serious issues, something the Face Book generation doesn't understand to well. I have a few issues now and again with people swiping my images and using them, always from FB...

Keep up the good work guys :)

mayhmmaydn likes this.
  9. SebastiansExotics

SebastiansExotics Elite Member

Yep. I always watermark my good photographs or videography before posting anywhere.