This Disappears When Logged In

Snakes of Northern Thailand

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by Michael_C, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_C

Michael_C Elite Member

Forgot to post my field pictures here from a trip to Chiang Mai and Mae Hong Son Provinces.

Pareas carinatus is usually yellow, they are orange in this area. This specimen was from Doi Inthanon National Park, Chiang Mai Province.
    [​IMG]

This was my first Ovophis monticola that I have seen. Very small eyes. This specimen was from Doi Inthanon National Park, Chiang Mai Province.
    [​IMG]

This species seems to be one liked by most people, Popeia popeiorum, this one was from Huay Nam Dang National Park, between Chiang Mai and Mae Hong Son Provinces, near the border with Myanmar.
    [​IMG]

The Rhabdophis nigocinctus in this picture is from Chiang Rai Province. I saw someone on another forum asking about another species of this genus, thinking that they had weak venom. The species he was asking about has killed people and all of this genus should be considered dangerous- as harmless as it looks.
    [​IMG]

This is among one of the more interesting species that I have encountered, as far as looks. Psammodynastes pulverulentus is a 'Mock Viper'. It is rear fanged and not known to be dangerous, but definitely looks and acts like it is. Someone had to distract it so I could get this picture because it was constantly focused on me.
    [​IMG]
    Cheers,
    Michael

2. JMM

JMM Elite Member

Great pictures and information as usual, Michael.

Thanks for sharing

3. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

The popeia popeiorum is absolutely gorgeous, and so is the rhabdophis nigocinctus. Great photos.

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Beautiful as usual Michael. Thanks or sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.