This Disappears When Logged In

Snake Wanted for Loving Loving Family for Free. Please Read

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by fenrispyre, Apr 25, 2013.

1. fenrispyre

fenrispyre Active Member

im looking for a sand boa or common boa, ball or pied python, or corn snake for me and my family. we just spent over five hundred bucks for everything the snake will need and got a common red tail boa and it had a stomach infection that we didn't know about till the day before it died. we took it to the vet two days after having her. we put so much money into equipment, bedding, lamps, frogger, all of it. that we don't have money to buy another one. if someone can help my family out with one of those snakes for free in the Sacramento area we would be grateful. we will provide a great healthy and forever home for him or her. sex doesn't matter. u can call me at [ number removed] or personal message me. my names Jason. thank you

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I removed you phone number from your post for safety and privacy purposes :). Sorry to hear about your boa, have you checked for reptile rescues in your area? What about animal shelters?
    Something to consider is you won't need the same equipment (fogger) for every species of snake, so be sure to research husbandry requirements for different species.

3. justor

justor Elite Member

Just some info for you:

Sand boas have very different care requirements than the common boa. If you already have a setup for a Central American boa it will not be suitable for a sand boa. Also, pied pythons are ball pythons. They are a ball python morph, and an expensive one at that (so nobody is giving them away for free).

Would you mind giving a rundown of your enclosure?

4. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Im really sorry to hear about your loss.

Generally speaking, you won't get a morph animal unless it's a corn morph, as morphs usually run a pretty penny. As Justor said, forget getting a pied for free. The best deal I have ever seen for a pied was $750, but most babies usually cost around $1000, at least from what I've seen.

I dunno if Herpcenter is the place to look for a free animal, or any animal. I haven't been here for very long, but in the time I've been here I've never seen someone giving away or even selling animals.

I would vote to try a shelter, or even, dare I say it, try craigslist. Craigslist is an awful place but if you're looking for a rescue it might be the place to go. But I would try a legitimate rescue first.

Good luck!