This Disappears When Logged In

Snake Master List- I Need Some Help With An Assignment

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by giveuptheghost, Jun 2, 2016.

1. giveuptheghost

giveuptheghost Well-Known Member

I'm making a workbook for my Beginning Excel class and decided to center it on snakes. I am wanting a list of 30-40 different popular snake species, and then I will be categorizing their basic care requirements.

So I just wanted to ask people what they felt some of the must-have snakes are so I can see if I missed any. I'll post my final list shortly, but I want to see what people consider important inclusions right off the bat, without influence from me.

I am including venomous, so commonly kept (relatively speaking) hots would be nice as well. I'm much less knowledgable about which species here are particularly popular.

Just list a few high interest species + whether you consider them suitable for Beginners, Intermediate, or Advanced keepers + whether you consider the snake's temprament to be Docile, Moderate, or Ornery (I didn't want to call it aggressive haha)

Examples:
    Corn Snake- Beginner- Docile
    African Rock Python-Advanced-Ornery

I'm just wanting to get a feel for people's general attitudes toward various species (see where there might be debate over calling something 'Advanced' verses 'Intermediate', for example). Extensive explanations and details are not necessary, as this is an Excel Workbook class and not a herpetology class-- HOWEVER, I always enjoy reading about snakes so if you want to explain your reasoning, please do!