This Disappears When Logged In

snake lighting

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by aiden_punx, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

what is a good lighting for snakes corn and a boa i was told by the breader selling them to me that a standard blue light would be good and the uth....how do u mount the uth in the melamine tank do u put a tile over it or something???

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Neither corns nor boas require anything specific in the way of lighting. Whatever you have will work.
    In general standard UTHs are not intended to be put inside the tank. Exposure to water will create a shock hazard. I beleive that there are heat mats that are intended to be used in the tank that are coated.
    Just to clarify you aren't intending to house both in the same enclosure are you?

3. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

4. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

cobra heating mats are ment to be put inside the enclosure. they dont get very hot at all and the animal can lay directly on top of it to get very gentle heat.

5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I use UTH, But Im thinking of switching to cobra heating mats..

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I have always been a bit wary of putting anything in the enclosure that requires the animal having access to an electrical cord.

7. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Depending on how cool you keep your house, maybe room temp is just fine for at night....and just a household bulb for during the day.....thats what I use for my snakes, corn, boa, ball python....any of them....Lyn

8. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

theyt will be in differeny enclousers i will be getting them brought to me in march but wanted to make sure i have all the details correct and know where i can get every thing from food bedding etc thank you all...i think i have seen one of the cobra heat mats in the petshop i will have to go and find it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.