This Disappears When Logged In

Snake bite pictures

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by Ssativa, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

My burmese python, Dubious bit me for the first time about two weeks ago. I just thought I'd share some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Lovely, thanks for sharing...none of my bite pictures compare, so i think i'll refrain from uploading them.

3. Dragonden

Dragonden Elite Member

Gorey! How is your hand now?

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Ouch!!!! :eek:

5. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

YIKES!!! :eek:

6. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Ouch is rite !!!!

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Yes,...OWWWWWWWWWWWW!....pretty much sums it up.
    How big is the burm?

8. jmherp

jmherp Elite Member

i "third" that "Ouch!!!", great pics though...

9. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Hmmm rinse the blood off so we can see the actual bite....I am also curious to know the size of the snake....Lyn

10. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

owowowowowowowowOW! :eek:

11. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Why did she bite?

12. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

Sorry I've haven't been able to answer any questions. I've been extremely busy between work and all my classes. Dubious is about 7 ft. long. He has never bitten me before but this time I broke our routine. Like I said, I've been very busy and I lost track of time and accidently waited 3 weeks after his last feeding before offering him more food. He also was having a bad shed which is partially why I wasn't in a hurry to put him with a live rat since I didn't think he was feeling well. So in Dubious' defense, I point out that #1 he was hungry, #2 he was having a rough shed. #3 I removed him from his enclosure and put him in his feeding tub BEFORE buying the food; got a dumb idea to put a box into the enclosure for him to hide in and then decided that he didn't like the box so I proceeded to reach back into the tub to remove the box without even realizing that the next thing Dubious was expecting to go into the tub was his meal according to the usual routine. He grabbed like he thought my hand was a rat. He quickly spun around my arm with superizing force. It shocked me more than anything else, as it did not hurt even close to as much as a gerbil bite. I didn't lose my head though because I remembered not to pull back because I read somewhere on here that doing so could damage the snake buy breaking off teeth. No one would come 25 ft. of the room once I said he had my hand in his jaws so I remembered watching episodes of the "Crocodile Hunter", and that guy always waits for the reptile to relax it's jaws before he attempts to free his hand. His jaw did finally relax but his teeth were stuck so I had to carefully manipulate them out the same direction they came in and then my hand was free. Then I held the back of his head and unwrapped his body. Then I went to the store to get him some food.

My hand was bruised more than anything so everyone at work and school constantly were asking what happened? Now, about two weeks later, you can hardly tell I was bitten.

13. Paleosuchus

Paleosuchus Established Member

Who needs coffee to start the day? Nothing like a good ol' snake bite to do that task for you.

Nice bite photos, and ouchie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.