This Disappears When Logged In

Smaller snakes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Python John, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Python John

Python John Elite Member

well, money is TIGHT for me, no job, no allowence, and parents are paying for bros college.

so, there is a 50gl. rubbermaid at walmart. and i was told that it could house a smaller snake, like up to 6 feet, but probabl not bigger.

and i was wondering what types of snakes are there like that?

i know ball python, and corn snake. any else?

(oh, and if you know some, could ya post some pictures?

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Check out the Western Hognoses, they stay fairly small and are real friendly...this is my first when i got him. I also have a female.

3. Todd

Todd Elite Member

response

Black bloods, and most types of relatively well-tempereed dwarfs would work well. Look at April 2004's issue of Reptiles Magazie. Theres an article on different types of dwarfs, like the Caulker Cay Boas, and more. Bear in mind bloods are short, but fat bodied.

4. Kikai

Kikai Elite Member

There are alot of smaller bodied snakes avaiable. Let's see....My favorite, the Solomon Island boas, as well as viper boas. Ringed Pythons. All of the Spotteds, Stimpson's, Children's pythons. Loxocemus, or Sunbeam snake. Savu Pythons. Angolan Python. Garter snakes. Dekay's (brown) snakes. African house snakes, which are pretty cool. If I think of more, I'll post 'em. That's just what I can think of now. Let us know what you decide!!

Oh, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.