This Disappears When Logged In

Skin Tag Type Little See Through Scale Peices?!? Please Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Hkg, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Hkg

Hkg Elite Member

I noticed a couple weeks ago a little transparent scale type thing stiking off of my corns head. It was super strange. It wasn't a scale cause it was see through but it was connected to her for sure. It wasn't very big either. It was hard to see. I didn't think much of it then. But tonight I noticed she has more! There is probably 4 or 5 on her head. Just little clear "tags". What could this be?! I don't think she is shedding because I never saw her gray faze. And every shed she's had while in my care has been a full shed, if it's not full it's because I broke it while taking it out. This seems really strange to me and freaks me out kinda. I'm a hypochondriac about my health (I'm always worried. To the extreme. I think I have like 100's of disease everyday.) I'm a even bigger hypochondriac about my reptiles. I convince myself they are sick. Now I believe my corn might be. I've owned her for two years.i do my best to give her the best of care. She's in a 20 gallon long, temps are around 85 degrees sometime higher (not dangerously high) on the hot side during the day and night (ceramic heat emitter. My house gets cold) it's measured with a Zila digital thermometer, and regulated with I think a zoo med temp controller. Or something like that. Cold side I don't monitor just evacuee during the day I know it's about 75 and humidity I don't measure. I never have measured humidity in the two years I've had her. If she's in shed I give her a bath and keep a eye in her. Latley I noticed she puts her hea in the corner of the cage and she kinda rubs on the glass to get out (she always is trying to get out. Very active snake.) I don't really think the clear scales are from the rubbing but I could be wrong. She's never missed a feed in the time I've owned her. Right now she is on a hopper mouse. About to go higher. Id say she's about 32" long. I notice she stargazes a lot. I know stargazing can be a symptom of ri. My boa did it for a while when I had him. But my corn has been doing it for a coupe years now. So I don't think she has ri either. What do you think the scale things are?!? If you need anymore info let me know. I feel horrible, I love reptiles and I want the best for my reptiles. She was my first reptile and I love her to death. I would take her to the reptile get near me but for some reason I don't trust them. I don't know why I just don't. So I don't know what to do. Thanks in advance!! And sorry if there is any typos. Oh and I can post a pic. But you won't be able to see the things.

2. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Hey there. I actually know 100% what you are talking about because I've found them on my corn a few times, too. I am pretty sure it's just a bit of stuck dead skin and is nothing to worry about.

3. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

I've had similar things too on my milk snake, though his were on the body and not the head. I asked a vet friend of mine about it and she said it's just leftover pieces of shed. They should go away after the next shed. But you need to get some instruments to measure humidity, it can change dramatically even during the course of the day and it would be good to know the exact values at all times. You can get a digital thermo-hygrometer for less than $15.

4. Hkg

Hkg Elite Member

Thank you eriksexotics and morganlefay! I'm glad nothing serious Is wrong with her. Seeing the things come back really freaked me out. I have a zoomed (I think)digital hygrometer/thermometer and I liked it at first but now I doubt the reading for some reason. I'm currently searching for a better one. Thanks again!!!! I really appreciate it.