This Disappears When Logged In

Size of Rack Tubs for Different Adult Snakes?

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by Dirkthejerk41, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Dirkthejerk41

Dirkthejerk41 Elite Member

Hi all, I am considering expanding my snake collection and think a rack system may be the most economical for me. Can someone give me a run down of a rack system, as in what species can be held in them, what size various species will need, etc. Any information is greatly appreciated!

2. AdamL8

AdamL8 Elite Member

Almost any species can be housed in a rack. If it needs UVB then it's a little different although there are racks made for that purpose. The number one and two species housed in racks would be ball pythons and corn snakes because these are fairly ideal. That being said, just about any snake will do well in racks provided you make sure the husbandry was right just like any other form of caging.

3. Dirkthejerk41

What about 41qt racks? I just mean relative to size, because I don't want a HUUUGE rack system, but wouldn't mind some mid sized snakes (like 6, maybe 7 foot) to go in a rack.

4. AdamL8

AdamL8 Elite Member

41 Quart tubs are usually used to house adult female Ball Pythons that weigh anywhere from 1000 to 3000 grams and even larger. They would probably work fine for thinner 6 foot snakes but a 6 or 7 foot Red Tail Boa probably would need something larger. There are racks made specifically for boas or you could custom make your own for larger snakes. Building it yourself is the way to go if at all possible because it will be cheaper and tailor fit for your needs.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  5. Dirkthejerk41

Okay, I may consider a ball python rack... just looking to get more snakes! What other species that are around the same size of a female ball would do well in a rack system?