This Disappears When Logged In

Sick Anole, Help Please

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by tisMeh, Apr 4, 2010.

1. tisMeh

tisMeh New Member

I have two anoles. I've posted a picture below, I know it is a bit blurred. But his activities have changed. He doesn't try and get away when you pick him out of the cage, he barely moves. His sides look a bit swollen, I can see his ribs. His eyes are only slightly open, and his breathing is very slow. I'm wondering if he's maybe dying, though I have had them for only about three weeks. His behavior was fine yesterday. I've tried to see if maybe he's hungry but he won't eat, He does try to bite if you poke around his mouth. But there's no force behind it. His limbs are limp. The temperature and humidity are fine, the tank is clean, clean water, and fresh food. Could maybe anyone give me any thoughts or advice? I can't really go to a pet store to ask seeing as it's 12am here. And I can't take him to a vet cause I have no money.
    He's looking a bit gray, I also noticed that the only thing that's shed on him since I got him is his tail.

0403102336.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That statement doesn't tell us anything. We need to know temperatures, tank sizes, etc.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

also tell us what type of lighting you have been using.