This Disappears When Logged In

Sick ACF Please Help

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by GiantGus, Sep 20, 2010.

1. GiantGus

GiantGus New Member

Hello all. My albino African clawed frog has a sore on his side which just popped up overnight, it looks almost like a canker sore. He's about a year old. Does anyone know what this is? What should I do? thank you very much for the help.

dscn0646k.th.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Hi and welcome to the site! We have some member who are very experienced with frogs, I am not one of them, but I'm sure someone will be by to give you some help.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

What sort of cage decor do you have? Anything he can get injured on? Sharp rocks, etc...

4. GiantGus

GiantGus New Member

Thanks for the replies. He's in a 20 gallon tank with a big statue and a small fake tree, the bottom is covered with large aquarium gravel. He's also shares this space with a Pleco so it is possible they fought although they usually just stay out of each others' way.

I think it looks a little better today, does it look like it's probably an injury?

edit- I found a picture
    dscn0047a.th.jpg

Attached Files:

5. schlegelbagel

Its really hard to tell from that photo.

6. GiantGus

GiantGus New Member

I see what you mean. How about this?

[​IMG]

7. schlegelbagel

Nice aquarium. Its possible he bumped himself on one of those fake rocks. Give him a a few days and see if it heals up. If not a vet may have to take a look.