This Disappears When Logged In

Should I Go to Reptile Expo?

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by herplover15, Jul 13, 2014.

1. herplover15

herplover15 Member

Hey everybody. I am a new reptile lover and I have never been to a show or expo. A lot of people say I should go and that it is very fun to see all the vendors and to buy lots of new animals and equipment. However, a lot of people tell me that they aren't that cool and that I shouldn't waste my time and money on going. What are your thoughts?

2. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

If you like ball pythons, go to the expo

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Not all expos are overloaded with ball pythons. Some are and some aren't. You just have to go see.
    Herplover I would suggest you go. Its a really cool thing to be surrounded by all those herps and the room full of people enjoying the experience of hanging out with like minded people.

4. Garyfast

Garyfast Member

You should Definetly go! I'm going to go to my first one over in Pensacola Florida this October!

5. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

If your interested in seeing a wide range of Herp related Anything shows can be great. I still have fond memories of going to shows in the 80's and somewhere down the like I got Jaded to them, but those early shows where a great experience.

You never know until you have gone to a few. Don't go with expectations and it will be better :p

6. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

They are a lot of fun! I try not to miss the bigger ones in this area. Its hard not to spend money at them thought!

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Go. You have never been to one, you won't know if you like them until you try it out!

8. herplover15

herplover15 Member

Thanks to everybody who said I should go! I can't wait til September. :D

9. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Sounds like you've already decided to, but yes, go. Best way I know to have a chance to see in person something you were thinking about getting. I also prefer to buy somewhat local and avoid shipping, and this is another advantage.