This Disappears When Logged In

Should I Feed It or No?

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Thalatte, Oct 15, 2012.

1. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Protein smoothie!

2. Lyndsbelle

Lyndsbelle Elite Member

ha... haha.... ha :p :)... lol, glad to be back. Love the humor! The soda thing is quite grotesque, however, I rarely even drink soda so I'm ok with it :)... HOWEVER... my mom on the other hand, could probably use some of this knowledge >;) teeheehee...

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I am still a soda freak but switched to cans.

4. Lyndsbelle

Lyndsbelle Elite Member

Haha... I told her today and she quickly quit drinking her soda ;)

5. Lyndsbelle

Lyndsbelle Elite Member

O yea, I'm anti-soda fan. Caffeine etc. Nothing that changes my body... So I commonly harrass my mom about the things she does ^ now maybe it'll make more sense :)

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I love caffeine and turn into a mean raging ***** without it...even if I wanted to quite caffeine my family says NO!!!

7. Lyndsbelle

Lyndsbelle Elite Member

HAHA, thats juse like my other half! He can't go a day without coffee! But let me try some and it's like a crack addict mosquito looking for blood in a water bowl... Lol not a pretty sight. I'm bad enough without any so the only caffeine I ever consume is in tea.

8. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Yeah my weekday routine: small pot of coffee in the morning, 3cans of soda by lunch, then finish the day off with 2pots of tea.
    It's utterly ridiculous but I have cut way back and am working on cutting back even more...

9. Lyndsbelle

Lyndsbelle Elite Member

Have cut back?!?! Latte, that's insane... that can't be healthy...

10. iRene

iRene Elite Member

I would argue cans of soda are more dangerous. It is impossible to see through a can. At least the bottles are see through.

11. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

But what I don't know won't hurt me!!! And yes that's cut back...coffee alone I used to go through 7 pots. I figure if I drink just as much water it can't be too bad... I know it's bad and my doc has gotten on me for it but I am addicted now...

12. Lyndsbelle

Lyndsbelle Elite Member

I would have to argue in a normal situation, but I'm afraid your body is so used to the caffeine that quitting cold turkey would cause you headaches and to feel so friggin sluggish. Yes, drinking just as much water is good. But I think you can overdo it on water too. i know you're suppose to have 8 - 8oz. glasses in a day, but never thought about how many would overdo it. Lol... I'd rather know what was in my drink however.

13. MentatIx

MentatIx Active Member

This just in: drinking too much water can flush out vital nutrients before your body has a chance to digest them.

Source: I think I remember hearing a stand up comic make a joke about it once.

14. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Really because awhile ago I heard that too much water causes cancer. It was on the news years ago...
    But no too much water isn't bad for you it will just make you use the loo more often. And I know what's in my drinks-tar sugar some unpronounceable chemical that is probably in formaldehyde and some industrial acid.

Disclaimer: I am completely wrong and none of that is really in soda!

15. Lyndsbelle

Lyndsbelle Elite Member

HAHA.... IDK what I love more... The hornworm post that turned comedy, or the comedy itself... geesh. Good laughs :). Although, latte, i know you were joking, but diet sodas really do have a chemical that is in formaldehyde, coincidence? Though you do have to be grateful to an extent even though we are harrassing you about your caffeine intake, you at least know we care :) < aww such a mushy moment ;) BLAH.. but seriously.

16. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

That's why I don't drink diet! See healthy all the way!

17. Logan

Logan Elite Member

I've had ADHD my whole life. I just turned 28 last month and I still have problems with it, but not as bad as when I was pre-teen/teen. I'm also an insomniac which makes life crazy. I'm either waaay up, or way down. The only way for me to semi-regulate my energy levels is with caffeine ... and no, not drinking any does not make me sleep any better. Even now, if I have a cup of coffee or a soda, I get a rush. However, last night, I had some where between 1/4 and a 1/2 of a 5 hr energy shot, and then a mtn dew ... and then crashed shortly after.

Then again, some times even with out caffeine I manage to annoy myself...

But ... I have a question about the red/blood(?) worms. Aren't they TINY? I've never actually seen them in anything other than the frozen cubes.

18. Lyndsbelle

Lyndsbelle Elite Member

The red wigglers we mention are earth worms that can be found at a pet store. I don't think the blood worms would be big enough at all seeing as that is what we would feed our small fish. And I am not too sure that they would eat them. They also have to be in water to dissolve or unfreeze, so that would contaminate their water source too.....

19. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

You shouldn't drink 5hr shots as they cause heart palpitations and sudden abortions.

The bloodworms used in the cubes are the babies, if they were allowed to grow they can get fairly big.

20. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Well, connnnnnsidering I can't get pregnant , there wont be any spontaneous abortions here. As for the worms, I've never even seen them at a store anywhere.