This Disappears When Logged In

Scrub Python

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by crepers86, Apr 21, 2012.

1. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

Does any one know anything about captive scrub python s. I just these on python hunters very pretty snake... almost reminds me of the Burmese of the tree pythons an these they where catching in the wild where really docile but they where saying the are a snake that when they sexy your face will try to bite.

2. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

My husband wants one now too after swing that. I'm watching the episode as I type this.

3. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

That should have been see not sexy...sorry

4. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

It was soo pretty

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

The only draw back to them is they can get fairly large. They are pretty though :)

6. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

But there length compared to there girth is nothing of a Burm or retic. It reminds me of a giant tree dwelling snake which the python hunters said they do like to climb so I would love to see what size cage they need

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

They are similar to GTPs and they don't require as much space as you would think, but then again adults don't get too big. I'd be curious myself to know what they need for space

8. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

If I ever get a day off work, I plan on researching them. They'll either be hard to find or cheap and easy to get. Either way ill let you know.

9. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

I have a friend who owns a scrub, they are semi-arboreal and their faces are extremely beautiful....as far as length goes they can get pretty big atm his scrub is at 7 feet and still growing, ATM he is in a 75 tall, but I think he is going to build a custom enclosure for it.... However, heed this warning they can be grumpy and I promise you, you will not like their bite.. Id rather get bitten by a GTP over and over rather than being bitten by an scrub, especially a sub-adult or an adult scrub..I'm

10. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I found a listing for 300.00. Only one! I think I am going to tell my husband no. I really dont want to be bitten. I have had no bites and I would like to keep it that way. lol

11. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

I found a yearling for around $450. I just found this video of one with a nice set up

Scrub Python

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Lol! That depends on your definition of "too big"!

[video=youtube;4q1OqclRFFc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q1OqclRFFc&feature=related[/video]