This Disappears When Logged In

Scorch's new tank

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by dodgersdude95, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dodgersdude95

dodgersdude95 Active Member

I am buying Scorch a 10 gallon(a step up from his 5.5) at a herp expo in my local tropical pet shop this september. His 5.5 gallon tank has substrate 1 hide away 1 calc bowl and 1 water bowl and 1 moist hide for when he sheds(i plan to put it in when he starts shedding). any furnishing ideas for his new 10 gallon tnk? any ideas would be appreceated thanks!:)

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

try getting a 20 gallon, it'll give ya more room to set up a nice enclosure. I find them at tag sales and yard sales all the time. I have like 8 of em in my shed. I like to mirror image my tanks,,,,meaning same on warm side as cool side.

3. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Yeah skip the 10 and throw down for the 20, scorch might be a little bitty thing right now, but in a few months he'll appreciate the room!

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

definatly go bigger, Too bad you aren't in Maryland, I would sell you my spare for like $5.

5. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

Yeah, I agree, for about a month i had my Scneider Skink in a 10 gallon (my first, and i plan last reptile impulse buy) i moved up to a 20 long, and now almost want to go larger, granted most of the time he just lays around, but when he does move around he likes to move. even at this size your leo will appreciate the room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.