This Disappears When Logged In

Scientists produce cloned embryos of extinct frog

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Rich, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

As part of a "Lazarus Project" to try to bring the Australian gastric-brooding frog back from extinction scientists have succeeded in producing early stage cloned embryos containing the DNA of the frog, which died out 30 year ago. Gastric-brooding frogs were unique in incubating their young in their stomachs. a2TO_24fMU8.gif

Read Complete Article ...

Use this thread to discuss the article above. What are your thoughts about Scientists produce cloned embryos of extinct frog?

Attached Files:

2. monkeyman2269

monkeyman2269 Well-Known Member

very neat bring back the thlacine

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

So to give birth they throw up? Interesting...
    I wonder if they have fixed the cloning process and the clones will have a full lifespan?

4. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

This is really interesting subject to me. I'm curious if the clone will live a full lifespan too.

5. thaboi

thaboi Elite Member

Next comes the dinosaurs

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I WANT A PREHISTORIC TURTLE!!!! They were large enough to eat a humpback whale without any issues!!!! I could take over the world with one!!! or atleast swim across the largest ocean in like an hour.

7. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

I'm prey sure having a T Rex would pretty much be the ultimate bragging rights! Althoug it may be hard to find a vet...

8. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

But a trex is only good on land and they cant cary much of anything...a turtle goes on land and sea and has a built in armor!!! plus they had teeth!!! can you imagine a humongus killer turtle with teeth? everyone would be all "oh a pet turtle? thats nice dear." then the turtle would come out of the water and eat them!!! No one would expect it!!!

9. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

LOL i beat you both, titanoboa. Big enough to eat tanks and any land animal alive today, i could just eat the t rex and the turtle, and slither over civilization as we know it! ALL HAIL TITANOBOA AND THE CRAZY GUY RIDING IT!

10. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

I love how they are trying to bring this frog species back!! If they are 100% successful maybe then they can bring back other recent extinct species such as the passenger pigeon.

11. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

Or even clone more of the giant galapagos tortoises, like lonesome george....

12. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

I'll just bring back the mega shark, name him Bob, and wait for you and your turtle to enter the water. Ya'll won't know what hit ya. hehe

13. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

psssssh a titanoboa would just eat the shark, like a garter eats sardines...

14. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

Absolutely! We are the cause why they are going so why not be the solution too? :)

15. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

Then I'll just clone me a whole massive school worth. Bwhahahaha

16. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Puentemys mushaisaensis 5ft round turtle. Even with its mouth wide open, Titanoboa wouldn't have been able to down this turtle, not whole at least.

But that doesnt compare to the Archelon ischyros at 16 ft long and 4,500 lbs.

17. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

True... well, back to the drawing board :p

18. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

Easy enough to avoid, just don't go swimming! Score 1 for me

I'm still working on how to get around that titano boa though...

19. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

I just found something that would beat all three! Purussaurus brasiliensis, 40 ft crocodilian.

20. Versicolor

Versicolor Well-Known Member

I'll pray this works, maybe one day 30 years from now these babes could be in the pet trade..