This Disappears When Logged In

Schneider Skink Hasn't Come Out In 4 Days!

Discussion in 'Skinks' started by Paperblip, May 21, 2017.

1. Paperblip

Paperblip New Member

help my schneider skink hasn't come out in days! I got him Saturday (may 13th) from a guy for free on craigslist whos son had gone off to college and left him with him. The guy (nice, but clueless about reptiles) obviously had no idea what he was doing with him, as his enclosure looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks; feces and dead crickets everywhere and his water dish was bone dry. I took him home and immediately took him out to inspect him thinking there'd be something wrong with him, but he seemed perfectly healthy. I momentarily re-housed him, disinfected everything in his enclosure, added new substrate and returned him. seemed very happy to be in a clean environment. His log goes like this from here:

Sunday: Active 11:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m.
    Monday: Active 11:00 a.m to 1:30 p.m. Ate 3 meal worms and 1 cricket.
    Tuesday: Unseen with no movement in enclosure.
    Wednesday: Active 1:00 p.m to 1:45 p.m. Ate 2 to 3 crickets.
    Thursday: Unseen with movement in cage

And that's it. Haven't seen him since. I haven't messed with him at all, but I ordered him some goodies on amazon that will be here tomorrow (may 22nd) and plan on removing him whether he comes out of his hide or not to inspect him and remodel his home.

I think it's worth noting that all the temperatures in his terrarium are excellent (hot and cool side), but its a bit too humid at about 30%. Also his previous owners had him on calci-sand or whatever that crap is called. And when I think back on it, the movement on Thursday may have not been from him, but from my fingers when I replaced his water on Wednesday, which I have not seen him drink any.
    Please help I really hope my skink is still alive and well!

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I don't think it's going to stress him if you poke him and make sure he's still alive, I'm sure he is just settling in and adjusting. I would love to see him. I love skinks.