This Disappears When Logged In

Say YES to the Selling of Reptiles at Expos!

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by schmidt1894, Mar 12, 2013.

1. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Guys! The government is trying to ban the selling of reptiles at reptile expos in California! I know around here we have several people whom are from California! I would hate for that to happen! If you can take 5 minutes out of your day, and go to the link and read this and do what it says to do, that'll be great!

Vote NO to California Assembly Bill 339 | USARK

Let's tell them what we want! We need to stick up for ourselves if we want to continue our hobby!

2. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

Thank you for posting this ! I just did it.

3. AdamL8

AdamL8 Elite Member

The way the title was worded I thought that you were against reptile expos. Had to read the actual post to realize what the bill was.

4. justor

justor Elite Member

Yea the title is a little misleading lol.

Should probably say "say YES to the selling of reptiles at expos!"

5. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Sorry guys, hopefully a mod can change it for me.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Done!

7. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

If one can't pick up a reptile at an expo, and doesnt want to order online (I personally would rather just drive out then pay the shipping:-") where would they get the animal? Most pet stores arent exactly the healthiest place to get a new pet. Plus, there are usually many reliable breeders at expos. In my opinion, it's just not an expo without live, purchasable animals.

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Slowly but surely the government (Greased by the handouts of lobbying groups) is trying to do away with our keeping reptiles. You won't even be able to get them at pet stores if they have their way.

9. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Honestly I wouldn't mind not getting them at petstores but only if they still had expos as it is just too expensive to order online. I don't like paying $15for the animal but then having to pay 35-45$ in shipping. That extra $40 bucks would get me alot of other stuff needed. But then again if I want to get an animal from an expo I still spend $60-80 in gas just to get there...

10. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

It's pretty debatable on that one...
    But the point is that everything with the expos and everything else is working fine for everyone the way it is.