This Disappears When Logged In

Save One Life Only to Lose Another

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by chibinaja, Sep 1, 2010.

1. chibinaja

chibinaja Well-Known Member

Save one life only to lose another. Last night I came home to find my male Veiled chamelon had passed on. We just started to notice that perhaps he wasnt eating too well but I dont think having seen him yesterday that he was eating at all. It happened so fast I had no time to really do anything to help. Now that I think of it, he may have had some sort of mouth problem. But he never looked sick until recently. Ugh, its frustrating.

2. Cyclura08

Cyclura08 Well-Known Member

Im sorry to hear that :( I had a veiled that passed away suddenly on me a year or so ago too, they're definitely fragile creatures. Is there any way you could do get the body into a vet to do a post-mortem? If you do, put it in the fridge and dont freeze him...this damages the tissues and makes them useless histologically.

keep us updated!

3. chibinaja

Well necropsies cost money and most vets won't do it for free, and I really don't have the money to put towards that. Doing some research on my own I have read that sometimes they go on eating strikes for being in captviity. He may have had parasites or other problems when we bought him and didnt know it.

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Sorry to hear about your loss!

5. kandi

kandi Active Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. Its always said to have one of our critters pass on specially when it is sudden.

6. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Sorry to hear of your loss, the McConley family will keep you in our prayers.

7. chibinaja

thank u very much