This Disappears When Logged In

Savannah's Traveling Reptile Show!

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by ajvw, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

Savannah came to pick up her free silkies today (the lovely fat worms my leos rejected), and she was so wonderfully kind that she brought along, not only her well-behaved boyfriend, but also four different reptiles for us to meet! My kids, Henry (7) and Betsy (5) were totally captivated! First we met Elvis the Crested Gecko (who was so adorable that we forgot to use the camera -- sorry Elvis!), who showed us how he can hang on with his tail and cling with his amazing feet. He's quite a leaper, too!

Then we met the Veiled Chameleon (sorry, can't remember his name -- was it Puppy? Pup?). He was really cool, with his eyes rolling all around and his little sock-feet. He was obliging enough to eat one of the silkworms so we could watch his amazing tongue in action!

Then we met the wild Roughneck Monitor. His name was also dog-related -- sorry I can't remember! I was distracted by his whipping tail and his obvious desire to "git along, little doggie!" and explore.

And the star of the show for my daughter Betsy was Libby, the Suriname Red Tailed Boa. Betsy loved the feeling of holding Libby and having her draped around her neck. And for a snake who recently ate a big meal, Libby was active and quite personable. She's a sweetie!

Photos below. Thank you SOOOOO much, Savannah! Maybe I ought to order some more silkies... It's a bargain for the great educational show we got!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

It was VERY fun for the BF and I as well!! Your kids are adorable and VERYY smart!! I never would have gussed they are only 5 and 7!! :D we will have to do it again when I get my male suri ;) Thanks for having me over and for the silkies!

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Awww, thats is fantastic, great job!! Love the pics, they are adorable..(you to Sav :p)

4. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

I thought the pics came out pretty well. Better than I expected. It was after dark and I had to use the flash.

Thanks for the compliments on the kids. They just adore animals! Henry's often a bit of a loose cannon, but the critters fascinated him so much he forgot to bounce off the walls! Since Betsy's already invited herself over to your house, Savannah, I'm sure we'd love to see your new snake when he arrives! :D

I thought Savannah looked particularly lovely with that boa on her eye!

5. grim

grim Elite Member

i love your monitor he's really pretty

6. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Great pics !!!! and what an awesome thing for the kids. You all looked like ya had a great time.

7. thejoie

thejoie Elite Member

exposing kids to reptiles early is awesome. There are so many kids that are like "ewwww..."
    Savannah is pretty awesome!!

8. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Psst...Sav...I've got some silkies for you, all you have to do is come pick them up! ;) (Granted you'll have to pose for those pictures too...but hey you get some free worms out of the deal!)

9. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Haha, Lacey I dont need free worms to pose for those pics ;)

10. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Those are fantastic pictures! It looks like your kids REALLY love reptiles :)

11. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

grat pics i love the one with libby around your neck and the monitor in ya hand.

12. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

as said a million times already, but i am gonna say it again...awesome pics! As venus said already your herps are cuties, you not half that bad either..haha. Your monitor makes me jealous...well and your cham and your libi...wish we gotta see elvis tho. I'll just have to wait for the animal planet special...

13. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

My kids DO love reptiles! Henry told me that his goal is for us to have 10 different reptiles so we can have "a real zoo." Savannah casually mentioned last night that she was thinking of selling Elvis, and then slyly told me how easy he is to care for... So it looks like he's not going far... He moves in with us tonight and she can visit him anytime!

My poor husband just rolled his eyes and asked, "What does this one eat?" :D

14. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

i am sure your herp collection is gonna grow well beyond 10 reptiles..haha

it always just starts with one or 2..........now here i am 15 reptiles +

haha...have fun

15. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

it will grow and grow specialy with sav around to help you with advise and discounts from breeders

16. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

Cool pictures. I wish my mom was that way with reptiles :)

17. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

I guess I'm one of the weird moms, lol. I had a friend (and her kids) over today and when I told them about Elvis coming to live with us, she said, "Ugh! ANOTHER one?! How can you STAND it?!" She's certainly entitled to her feelings, but I just don't get it... What's not to like? So far, I feel like I still have to draw the line at critters that eat rodents (well, except my cat, I suppose...), not because I would be bothered by a case of mice in the freezer, but because I would feel sorry for the mice. Though I can see how I could get over that eventually.

18. venus

venus Founding Member

No worries Amy,,,i get that reaction all the time, lol. As long as we understand why we like them thats what matters. As far as feeling sorry for mice,,,it will pass, your freezer will soon be full like mine :p

19. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

it is sometimes hard to find our food in the freezer...haha

20. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

same here lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.