This Disappears When Logged In

Sanannah Monitor and others

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Chui'smommy, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chui'smommy

Chui'smommy Active Member

Hey...I'm new here. Furryscaly told me about this forum. I do rehab in my home and currently have a SM, 4 geckos and a skink ready for adoption. They are not for beginers as they have had a rough life. The SM is only a baby at around 8 inches long. He will come with a complete set up that we got for him, as he couldn't be put in with any of our other tanks. He has a 75 gallon tank, water dish, hides, lights and the mice we are breeding for feeders, he eats pinkies. His set up is very simple right now, so it's really no frills. We also have 4 geckos (2 bibron's, 1 Golden, and 1 Marbled) ready for adoption, they won't come with a set up, they are housed in our tanks. And 1 Bali skink, again no set up. Adoption fees apply and we prefer someone with experience. They are all located in North Alabama. I can be contacted through email at greyhoundgirl1977@yahoo.com. I also have 3 cats who are ready for adoption if anyone is interested. :)

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Welcome to HC!!

3. Chui'smommy

Thanks

Thanks! Seems nice around here. I should be able to find alot of usefull information! And get some help on these critters I take care of!!!lol

4. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I would love to take the SM off your hands, I find them fascinating, but I'm kinda full at the moment.

5. MoLdYpOtAtOe

MoLdYpOtAtOe Elite Member

I would gladly take all of the geckos. But personally would you let me adopt 2 bibrons? I've never had them before and I have studied about them pretty well. Hope to hear from you.

6. Chui'smommy

So, what kind of gecko have you dealt with?

I had never had one before we got these rescue's in. They are not really a type to be handled, more of a look and don't touch. They bite!! But, I really think it was more from shock and not eating for a month. They have adjusted really well, and are quite hard to find in the tank now! You have to know their hiding places to get a look at them. lol. I have two bibron's and one I think is a marbled, I am not sure, furryscally had a pic that looked kinda like him, and it was a white spotted. And the Golden, he is really pretty. I have never had so much trouble getting an ID on critters!! I know you've said you have studied up on them, so tell me what you know. I am not trying to be a smarty pants, I just need to know if you are willing to put in the time to research and take care of them. You can email me at greyhoundgirl1977@yahoo.com. We also got a beautiful crested in with them...but I am keeping him, he's a real baby doll, and was not really put in a good tank before...so he really took a beating. Anyway, let me know what all you have done in your research, what other pets you own, and where you live and I will get back to you. Don't worry if it takes me a day or so, I sometimes have to be out of the house during the day. Thanks...Stacey :rolleyes:

7. Chui'smommy

No personal Emails...

I need to update this because of the amount of email I have been getting wanting me to illegally ship these animals. I WILL NOT SHIP OVER SEAS. NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY YOU PAY ME. THESE ANIMALS WILL NOT SURVIVE A TRIP LIKE THAT. If you are interested in adopting these guys, contact me through this forum, you must provide me with copies of proper permits, and I will verify them. I am not going to ship to someone who won't give me a name and play by my rules. End of story. Sorry for the harsh words, but I have been getting emails wanting me to ship these guys to stange places.

8. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Stick to your word Chui.... The animals deserve the best!

What kind of Skink is it? Blue tongue?

9. Chui'smommy

It is a Bali Skink, male. Has a regenerated tail that looks like a forked tongue. He's quick...lol. I need to contact someone here in the forum about these people who are contacting me. I just got another one. The english is broken, which leads me to believe they are using a translation system, also the ISP is originating from the Netherlands, and the user address is registering from Jordan. (Hello, folks, I always run your ISP to see where you are from and if you are using a fake address and server.) The address is from an arabic/english translation web based email account. So, I am wondering what is going on? Either way, these people are not getting my animals. OH...JEM...we may have some BTS soon, I am waiting a reply from another person, if you are interested in the future. But I won't know for another few days.

10. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I live in WI and have been looking into getting a Blue Tongue Skink for awhile now. I'll have to wait until later Spring though beacause it's just too cold this time of year for shipping anything. Let me know if you have any at that time though k?
    They intrigue me! :D

11. Chui'smommy

Cool, I will, I never know what we will be getting into around here. We are the home for wayward animals. lol We may be down sizing soon, my daugher is having some problems, so depending on what happens with her, we may not take anything else in, but if I can secure a BTS for you, I will try.

12. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Thanks alot!! :D
    I'll keep researching over the winter to make sure I'm ready for a skink.
    I'll also let you know if I find a BTS nearer to me.

Jem

13. Chui'smommy

Coolness....will do!

14. venus

venus Founding Member

Hey Chius mom...i just sent you an email.... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.