This Disappears When Logged In

Sad Day

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by missabrat, Aug 19, 2009.

1. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

That is excellent news! I am sure she will recover perfectly.;)

2. Songlian

Songlian Active Member

Dear Gods, this is something I never thought I would (have to) read! I'm shocked by the event and at the same time amazed by the fact that she survived.

I hope she will recover completely. All good thoughts to you and your little Mamba!

3. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

So now, if she doesn't have a middle name, she should be Mamba Cookie (as in, "One tough cookie."). You are doing your best, we are all sending good thoughts!

4. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Mamba is now on day 2 !! She is still resting, when the lid is taken off of her tub she perks her head right up to see who's coming in :)

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That sounds like she is going to make it!

6. T-rex

T-rex Elite Member

I am so happy she is doing better.. :)

7. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

great news, what attacked her?

8. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Here's hoping everything works out! :)

9. Orca

Orca Elite Member

Awesome! Every day she is getting stronger and stronger :)

10. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Sorry that you had to go through this and I am sooo glad that Mamba is going to be alright.

11. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

day 3 and she is a bit more active, will move away from the heat and back again!! I soooo hope she pulls through, 3rd set of antiobiotics on board tonight, such a tough little girl, can't wait to get her home(and take pics) I know doesn't sound nice that I want to get pictures, but if it can show someone the damage that rats can do to reptiles, and help convince someone to use F/T then I will use her as a "poster snake"

all of my feeders are humanly euthenized prior to feeding or purchased Frozen.

12. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

That's a wonderful idea to show with her the damage that can be done. :) I am glad that she's doing so well!!

13. Ace

Ace Elite Member

I missed this I have been gone! I am so glad that things are looking up what a tough little girl! :)

14. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

That is good news, the worst is over.

15. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

It really is looking like she is going to pull through! I'm so glad, and using her as a poster snake is a wonderful idea. If you can avoid even one other snake being mangled like that, than it's worth the effort of a few photos!

Good luck, and keep updating us!

16. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

tomorrow will be 1 week since her escape and injuries,I will be bringing Mamba aka Lazarus home tomorrow, I will try to take a few photos but am not going to disturb her, I am excited cannot wait to get her home where she belongs !! Thank you all for your well wishes and support through all of this ...you are all the bestest !!

17. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Whoop! Whoop! Happy day for all concerned!:D

18. Ace

Ace Elite Member

I am glad that she gets to come home! I hope that things continue to look up.

19. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

This is one amazing thread to read! I'm not sure if I have ever read a story of a reptile that has had so much luck!
    No vital internal organs were injured on such a small snake! Maybe you could name her Mira, short for miracle. lol

Sometimes we learn the easy way, sometimes we learn the hard way! That's life. When it happens to one we love, Sometimes our emotional pain is right there with their physical pain!

20. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

You can sure say that again!

I am really glad that she is going to be home today! You will feel much better when she is close by and you can check the wounds for infection etc. Cant wait for the back-home report.;)