This Disappears When Logged In

Russian

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by Ace, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Elite Member

I was wondering I was looking up on Russian torts and I was thinking about maybe getting one (in the future). I read that an aquairum isnt a good idea so what kind of cage for indoors do you suggest? :confused:

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,
    Have you considered a custom enclosure? Have a look at the caresheet on the site and follow the link provided under the Housing section. Perhaps that will help?

Russian Tort. Care

3. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I keep mine in a 20x48 sterilite made for wedding dresses storage, it's easy to clean and just about the right size. I also take him out for "walks" in the yard every couple of days when the weather is nice (plus he gets to wander the reptile room when I'm here). :D

4. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Thanks

If i get a tort, I will at risk of my own life make a custom enclosure! :D

5. Dawson

Dawson Active Member

I too keep mine in a large Sterilite container, and let him wander around in a room on his own regularily.

D

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

How huge do the Russian Torts get?

7. Dawson

Dawson Active Member

8 inches or so.

8. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

yeah, if you can call that huge ;) I've been told they're rather good at scaling chain-link style fences too. I've even seen one that made it up halfway up someone's fence, so if you build a custom, I'd just use wooden boards, not fencing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.