This Disappears When Logged In

Russian Tort and Box Turtle Enclosure

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Colleen, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

This enclosure is 8' x 8' divided into two sections (4' x 8'). The enclosure has been planted with eatable plants but they don't seem to want to graze on the plants inside the enclosure so they are still being fed in a bowl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

I still think that is so awesome and that you should come an build one at my house Colleen LOL.....nice work!!

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

I think it looks great. Do they actually use all the space or have they decided they would rather just be lazy and bask? lol In time they may start grazing.

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

nice enclosure! I bet they are happy.

5. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

They wonder the whole enclosure or should I say each side. For the first few weeks they were determined to escape through the crosses in the sides (you know the grass is alway greener outside the enclosure which they were trying to get). They will also dig and burrow so you never know where you will find them. From Sean's post you realize we just got back from vacation, my nephew who was taking care of the herps couldn't find the female russian all week (the dirty one in the photo of the two). We found her under 4" of dirt.

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

That's very neat! Just pick their food from the enclosure and put it in their bowl! I think they're just spoiled rotten! ;) lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.