This Disappears When Logged In

Rubbermaid for Substrate

Discussion in 'Substrates/Bedding/Flooring' started by kriminaal, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Mike at Lowe's I have purchased two totes that are about the dimensions you need. They are really heavy duty and would certainly be able to hold the dirt. They are opaque black with a yellow lid. All totes will probably bulge some.

Item #: 340147 | Model #:340147 on there website it appears to be two totes but when I purchased mine they were individual.

Hope it helps

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

thanks, I'll check into that.
    Not sure if Lowes up here carries them, but perhaps.

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If you have the space just do a simple 2x4 frame around the tote to hold its shape.

4. kriminaal

That would work well. Just haven't decided if I'm going to slide it out to dig up eggs or not yet.

5. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If you're going to slide it out then make the frame afixed to the tote. The frame could even have a handle for sliding out.

6. kriminaal

I haven't decided yet if I should as it will be messy to slide it out and won't have a good seal. Could be a problem for insects getting out. Will depend on too what size of window I can find for it.
    I'd like to put a used house window in for better insulation. Depending on the cost and if I can find a suitable size.
    http://www.herpcenter.com/gallery/files/1/0/1/doubletank.png

I won't be doing the double height. Too much concern over weight.