This Disappears When Logged In

rtb

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by nicole, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicole

nicole Elite Member

It has been recently brought to my attention that the other rescue is trying to have people from Washington try to adopt Wing and Prayer (the red tails) so he can get them back. After a long discussion with my hubby we have decided that the best way to solve this problem is to adopt out of state. We are willing to pay the shipping fees as long as they are going to a good home. I know the majority here are already full but if you know someone that wants a long term friend and would of course recommend them please let me know. Please experienced keeper only as Wing is a tad moody:eek: and Prayer is an absolute sweetheart but she has to be watched for eggs and babies! Remember these snakes have permanent damage to their faces and are in the middle of treatment so they are not ready yet. They will be checked and cleared by the vet again before the adoption actually takes place and they will also come with their vet history. Once again I cannot express enough experienced keepers only! especially for wing as he definately does not trust anyone! They are vet sexed male and female. There are pictures of Wing in my Gallery, feel free to check them out!

2. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Sorry, Nicole I wish I could help you out, but the only thing I have room for in snakes is an adult ball and I believe an adult ball will be here soon. Good luck finding a home for them.

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Nicole....I'll trade you my 18 year old son for the boas !!!!! the only way I can add more boas to the 4 I have is to get rid of him and expand the "snake room"

Deal ?????

4. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Well in that case you would have to take the infamous Cleopatra too then I will take your son:D Does he work well? i am all about child labor:D

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

He works well with an X-Box 360 controller......and he can cook some killer Thai food. He also shares our love for reptiles (one of the boas is his)

I'll ask around with our Virginia Zoo contacts and see if we can help place them for you.

6. nicole

nicole Elite Member

One of the boas is his:eek: Well that does me no good, lol I gain a teenager and another snake to feed, Hmmmmmmmmm I think I would be getting the short end of the stick here :D

7. venus

venus Founding Member

He was probably just planning on sending the son :p, lol

8. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Marsha is so on the ball !!!!!!!!!

groceries for an 18 year old = 300.00 a week
    agrivation from an 18 year old = endless
    a boa to feed every 10 days = PRICELESS

9. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

I'll second that!!!

10. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

bet you'll never see that one in a Visa add

11. nicole

nicole Elite Member

maybe not on a visa card but they should teach that for family planning:D

I would definately not have 4 kids if someone taught me that first:D Man those teenagers can kill your food bill! You have my total sympathy ken, my 14 year old son who stands 6 feet tall and is a wrestler about kills my food bill! Cant wait until he is old enough to get a job:D

12. venus

venus Founding Member

I feel ya'll pain...My 14 yr old is the same way..a bottomless pit!!

13. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

You people have it easy....try a 20 yr old girl, 19 yr old girl when she is home from college, 17 yr old boy and a 15 yr old girl ..who all eat like bears....and dont forget the 3 youngest ...who happen to be boys...and they will be teenagers some day...there is no end in sight for me......

14. nicole

nicole Elite Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I am speechless, well almost

15. joe_crash

joe_crash Active Member

Hi Nichole, Please let me know when they are checked and ready to go. Also, if it's not too much to ask, please send me some detailed photos of them as well. My email is: pusateri3@netzero.com
    Thanks,

Joe

16. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Hi Joe the two in question here already have approved homes waiting for them. I thank you very much for your interest though. Are you looking for a particular type of snake as I always get calls for them, but have turned down because I am full.

17. joe_crash

joe_crash Active Member

Thanks for getting back to me so quick Nicole. I am willing to take just about any large constrictor. I have the experience necessary to handle them too so don't worry about that. LOL I have purchased most of the snakes I own now, and I figured that I'd start helping out the snakes in need instead. Keep me in mind as I am always available. You can contact my email. pusateri3@netzero.com

Thanks again!
    Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.