This Disappears When Logged In

Rosy Boa Pics

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by diehardislanders, Jun 9, 2012.

1. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

This is a Female Anza Borrego Rosy Boa with het albino. She was born late January of this year, I picked her up at the expo today.

rosy4.jpg

Rosy1.jpg

rosy2.jpg

rosy3.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, she is gorgeous! Congratulations once again :)

3. justor

justor Elite Member

Lovely little snake!

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

So cute and tiny!!
    another snake added to my want list!

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

So cute. I love these snakes. Good luck with her. :)

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats! Aweosme looking little guy!

7. diehardislanders

Thanks guys. I am having one issue with her that I cannot solve. How do I lower humidity? It is too warm in my house to burn it off with a high-wattage bulb. Are there any methods you know of to lower my humidity?

8. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Lots of ventulation will help lower the humidty. Poke/melt more holes in the sides of her bin that will work :)

9. diehardislanders

I currently have a complete screen top on the enclosure. The problem is the ambiant humidity

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Exactly how is the enclosure set up?

11. diehardislanders

Right Now she is in a 20 gallon tall. Her custom 38"x15"x18" just needs to be stained and have the silt rocks mastic'ed up. I had her in a 20 long, but switched to a tall so I could use higher wattage bulbs to burn humidity. She has a base of aspen bedding, one hide on the "cool side" and the "hot" 1/3 of the tank is stacked and layed out silt stones and rocks. No watter dish.
    I put her in very close proximity to the air-conditioner and was able to drop humidity to 38-40. This is acceptable, but it is not practical for me to run the AC non-stop for her. (or to keep her on the kitchen table) Left unattended, my humidity is generally in the 65 range, lately closer to 75. I found this ( Amazon.com: Eva-dry Renewable E-333 Wireless Mini Dehumidifer: Health & Personal Care ) called eva-dry that I think I will build into her custom enclosure.

12. diehardislanders

The enclosure is set up with a heat lamp on the right over a bed of silt rocks that warms the rocks to between 87 and 91 degrees. This takes up almost 1/3 of enclosure. The rest is aspen with a hide on the cool side and rolled up paper towels etc. This is a temporary setup, her 38x18x18 is almost done

13. diehardislanders

heres a few more, including her first feeding which unfortunately was definately not big enough for her.

DSCN2283.jpg

DSCN2287.jpg

DSCN2289.jpg

DSCN2279.jpg

my wife's new friend
    DSCN2272.jpg

Attached Files: