This Disappears When Logged In

Rosy Boa onwers...

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by Jem_Scout, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Are these snake pretty cool to handle? The few I've come across were always hiding and hand shy. Is this true? I want to hear it from actual owners not some website.
    Thanks,
    Jem

2. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

This isn't just a coincidence is it? Just 2 days ago I referred someone from another forum over here cause he had some possible problems with his rosy. It seemed like it could be nothing, but I said he should check this place out and get some better opinions. He then said he didn't want to cause there hasn't been any posts in the rosy section in a month, but I said his problem is more of a general snake thing than a specific rosy boa thing and that he should give HC a second chance. I just thought it was weird that right after I said that, then there's a post in the rosy section.

3. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Ummm coincidence at its best!
    If he doesn't post his question, then no one will be able to answer it! ;)
    I figured that even if you didn't own a Rosy, that you may just have more experience with them than I do :)

4. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Well, a little info about rosy boas for ya. They're one of two boids native to the U.S. The other is their close relative, the rubber boa. They only get about 3-4 feet long and live in dry regions of western U.S. There's several subspecies.

5. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Furry- Is your Rosy nippy? Does it like to he held? Does it hide all the time?

6. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Chaos is my rosy. his pics are in this section for Rosy Boa. he's really lazy most times, either in his hide or out on the cool side curled up around his plant. sometimes i see him move around. he's very mellow as far as handling. he will just lay arond my neck or sit curled up in my lap for hours and hours on end with out moving much. he's very content to do that. i take him to work and just put him around my neck and go about my work. he'll be happy to just stay there. he likes the warmth. he's about 2 years old but i've only had him since august. he was the original snake i wanted but that was back when my mom said no snakes. a friend of mine bought him and when he wanted to get rid of him he thought of me so i got Chaos for free. :D

7. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Thanks for the info you guys :)

8. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

lol, oh, I don't actually have a rosy. I've wanted one for a very long time, but I've never seen one for sale back home.

9. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

yur welcome :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.