This Disappears When Logged In

Rocky, My iguana....

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Lyn, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Rocky came into my life 4 yrs ago at the age of 4...he had been fed dog food, and all kinds on non friendly iguana food for the first 4 yrs of his life...about a month or so ago, he started acting funny , not eating, not basking,...so a vet visit confirmed my biggest fear...Kidney failure....he went downhill fast and I decided he had no quality of life, so I had him put down today....it was best for both of us...I am sad, but I will overcome....Thanks for reading....Lyn

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Oh Lyn, I am so sorry. I bet u gave him the best home ever and he is very grateful for that. My prayers are with you durint this sad time.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Oh Lyn I am so sorry to hear this! My thoughts are with you and I send big hugs to you. Just know that you gave Rocky 4 years of wonderful life that he would not have otherwise had. You were his angel. Now he can tell the other angels about you!
    Your dragon has now gotten his wings! Watch for him in the clouds.

4. Inphormatika

Inphormatika Elite Member

I'm sorry about your loss.... just remember that you did your best for him, and I'm sure he understands that....

5. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

hang in there lynn,i know how it feels to lose a pet but i`m sure he got the best sunning rock up there

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I'm so sorry Lyn...
    At least he knew what proper care was for 4 years. And he knew what real love was because of you and your family!

7. steveig2

steveig2 Elite Member

sorry to hear that lyn both Jorge and Jade give a salute to you for doing the best anyone could in that situation.

8. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

So sorry to hear your sad news lyn, you gave him 4 years of the best life possible, thinking of you at this sad time.

9. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

i'm so sorry to hear about the news. thats a shame. at least he had a wonderful life with you and you gave him great care. :)

10. MoLdYpOtAtOe

MoLdYpOtAtOe Elite Member

That ****s, but altleast you gace him a good life while he was in need.

11. mad_professor99

mad_professor99 Elite Member

Lyn

Good lord, I couldn't imagine losing an ig. I have only had Camille for a little under 3 months, and I couldn't imagine. I feel for you so much at a time like this. I know this is a broken record, but you gave Rocky a great half of his life, and I know he appreciates it up in iggy heaven. You are truly a great person for caring so much for one of the most understood animals on earth. You are a rare, wonderful person, and Rocky knows that. One day you two will meet again, with death not being an option anymore. So don't be sad of your loss, but instead be happy in Rocky's gain. There's no more pain. I know it's hard to think of that way...but one day you will, and it will make you smile. My prayers are with you now and forever. Again, I'm sorry.

12. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

So sorry to hear about Rocky. I think you did the right thing having him put down... at least he didn't have to suffer.
    And I'm sure that the second half of his life was worth a dozen IGGY life-times.
    I wish you a lot of strength in this difficult time.

13. Princess Erica

Princess Erica Active Member

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that... :(

I guess you have to take comfort in the fact that you loved him and cared for him like no one else, and had to do what was best for him... no one wants to see their pets suffering... I'm sure he'll hold a special place in your heart for the rest of your life. *hugs*

14. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Thanks Everyone!!!

For all your kind thoughts and words....I have hugged the rest of my igs over and over (well not Frisky he has a tendency to want to take a chunk out of me lol, but I pet him anyways) My girls will miss his presence even though they did not reside with him....Frisky could care less lol...he was always bobbing away at him...again many thanks....Lyn

15. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Lyn, so so sorry for your terrible loss. As everyone says, well done for giving him a no-doubt amazing life in the time that you had him, and think of him over the rainbow on that special basking log. Our thoughts are with you, and with your special guy at this time.

16. Kikai

Kikai Elite Member

Lyn, I'm so sorry to hear about Rocky. :( You are a strong woman to be able to do what's "right" for him in a dire situation. He didn't suffer, and you gave him 4 years of comfort and care. That's more than he ever had. Best wishes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.