This Disappears When Logged In

Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo

Discussion in 'Shows and Expos' started by BarelyBreathing, Jan 31, 2012.

1. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Saturday, February 4th, 2012. Denver Merchandise Mart.

Vendors:
    Art in Scales (burms, balls, corns, bcis, acrylic displays)
    Boas and Balls (boas and balls, cages, tubs, heat tape, bedding)
    Red Dragon Exotics (ball pythons, art work)
    Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo (adoptions, rescues, education)
    Willard's Rodent Factory (live and frozen rodents)
    KG Constrictors (boas, retics)
    Dan Reed (ball pythons)
    Xtreme Beauty Reptiles (crested geckos, leopard geckos, giant day geckos, corn snakes)
    Ancient Dragon Exotics (ball pythons, candles, knives)
    Designer Geckos (leopard geckos and supplies)
    Mile High Bug Club (insects, spiders, scorpions, club promotion)
    Altitude Exotics (crested geckos)
    Twisted Genetics (boas, pythons, lizards, turtles, roaches)
    T-Bonez Pythons (balls, boas, retics)
    Top Line Constrictors (boas, rainbow boas, rosy boas, ball pythons)
    JAK'L Reptiles (bearded dragons, balls, meal worms, accesories)
    Colorado Herp Society (rescued animals)
    Cache Reptiles (high color morph bearded dragons)
    Colorado Chondros (chondros, carpets, colubrids)
    Clockwork Reptile Co. (leopard geckos, specialty boas, green tree pythons, bearded dragons)
    Frogs with Altitude (dart frogs and supplies)
    Feeder Frenzy Reptiles (beardies, axoltls, tokays, cresties, croc geckos, fat tail geckos)
    John McClellan (king snakes)
    Paul Davis Reptiles (geckos, dart frogs, plants, terreriums, honduran milks)
    Denver Lizard Ranch (geckos, monitors, dragons, chameleons, skinks)
    Ultimate Herps (ball pythons)
    Southern Serpents (leopard geckos, colubrids, dubias)
    Scales N Tails (everything)
    Reptilian Paradise (everything)
    Sloan Reptiles (ball pythons)
    Old School Burms (burmese pythons)

I will be there, will you?

2. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

It's actually the 4th! And I might be going -happy dance-

3. BarelyBreathing

Yeah, I realized that. I'll edit it, thanks.

Hopefully you'll go! What's on your list?

4. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Everything! Lol. It's my first expo, but I'm going to looking at beardies, so when I get the time to build another enclosure I can get a female, and I'm looking for a pac man frog to put in my ten gallon tank. Oh and I'm probably gonna bring some dubias home for Lucky.

5. BarelyBreathing

Woohoo! Lucky will love the roaches.

6. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I hope so! My plan is to get a colony going once I move to Fort Collins.

7. BarelyBreathing

What are you going to be doing way up there?

8. annarawrr

annarawrr Elite Member

IF ONLY we had reptile expos here! That sounds like an amazing selection and even if you're not looking for a new scaly friend you can go meet other likeminded individuals. Have fun you guys!

9. BarelyBreathing

Thanks, Anna. I wish there were more club and group stuff, but unfortunately there is little of that. Most people there are just worried about their own shopping.

10. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

College. It's the only college in state to offer zoology as a major. >.<*
    I do wish there were more reptile stuff in Colorado, but there isn't and it's very saddening cause we have some native species that are gorgeous.

11. BarelyBreathing

That's cool! Enjoy college!

There are some great field herping clubs here, but you have to go out of your way to find them. They aren't very good in the advertising department.

12. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I would love to go field herping, but I always have the luck of stumbling onto rattlers.

13. BarelyBreathing

We only find rattlers when we're not looking for them. Every time we do look for them, we come home disappointed. Hubby volunteers to help safely and humanely remove them from people's houses and what not, so we never go anywhere without a good snake kit.

14. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

It's ridiculous how many rattlers are in this natural park, but then again, it's perfect for them. I get a good giggle whenever I hear people freak out about a snake that's not even on the trail. Just leave the snake alone for Pete's sake. It's like when people spot a bear in the nieghborhood. they have to make a scene.

15. BarelyBreathing

I'm scared of bears.

16. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Really? I've had so many in my yard and seen so many in the wild they don't bother me. It just bugs me when a woman is driving around with her blinkers on telling everyone there's a bear and that she hoped the DOW will put it down. Did she not see those tall pointy things called mountains? Let alone the bear didn't do anything besides walk across the street.

17. BarelyBreathing

Yeah, that's a little bit of an over kill. Thankfully I've never run into a wild bear (knock on wood), but they terrify me. I'm afraid of bears, bees (wasps and hornets, too), fish, and centipedes.

18. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

If I see a bear, I turn the other way! My one fear when camping.

19. BarelyBreathing

20. Shayne

Shayne Active Member

I wish I could go to the Expo, but I moved up our snowboarding trip to Steamboat and now we're leaving Friday. I will definitely go to the one in May. Maybe I'll actually be able to put some faces with the names on here.

Also @ToriH I live near Fort Collins. Get all of your supplies online or elsewhere - the shops here don't have much for herps. D&G Pets has some nice setups, but I've been in there a few times and no one knows anything about their animals. They are an aquarium shop that happens to sell reptile stuff. Some of the PetCo people are knowledgeable, but the PetSmart people gave advice that would have killed my salamander had it been followed. Just a little FYI...

At the expo, are there good deals on equipment/accessories or just animals? Never been to one, but am excited to take my wife and kids to the next one. Do you go to all of them?

EDIT: My wife is afraid something might bite her...should she be worried?