This Disappears When Logged In

Rock Iguana Vs. Rhino Iguana

Discussion in 'Cyclura - Rock Iguana' started by peppernose, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peppernose

peppernose New Member

Hello everyone! My name is Rebecca and I was hoping you could help me out with deciding which cyclura is right for me.
    I have always had iguanas on my mind, researching them while gaining experience through other smaller reptiles (bearded dragons, rosy boas, corn snakes, dumbo tree frogs, ect.).
    Now is finally the year that I want to purchase an iguana! I'm vegan so my fridge is always stocked full of locally grown dark leafy greens, and unless some natural disaster strikes I'm planning on staying in my current house. I also would be able to accommodate any size cage, I could even dedicate a room in my house to let it free roam.
    Here's the problem:
    I'm a 5'1" and female who really would not enjoy facial scars. Needless to say, I would like an iguana that would become sociable with dedication. I know it won't happen overnight but I was hoping to know which cyclura has the better potential to get to a point where I can enjoy my interactions with it.
    In your experience, which cyclura would be the best fit for me?

2. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

I own a rhino and he is the most amazing lizard I have ever had. He taimed down after about 2 weeks of daily holding. I hear that rock iggs are even more docile but I dunno my rhino is just about as incredible as they come so really I would choose the one you think is best looking

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And keep in mind that no matter what the generalities say. They are each a unique individual. An individual of a species may be docile, while another individual of the exact same species may find its greatest joy in trying to take your hand off!
    When dealing reptiles its a crap shoot and you have to be ready for anything.

4. Really

Really Elite Member

Cyclura are all "rock iguanas", so it isn't a choice of rhino or rock you are trying to make, but which type of rock iguana...

5. Laurah

Laurah Member

My Cuban rock is very chill to a point

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.