This Disappears When Logged In

roaming around again!

Discussion in 'Colubrids *General*' started by jacky, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

My sinaloan milk is out and about in her terrarium again after weeks of "laziness",lol.I'm so happy to see her climbing around!For the last few weeks I never saw her coming out at night,she stayed in the same hide when I looked.And she wasn't even in shed.
    Have you any idea why?
    Last Saturday she had her very first rat pinky,and it seems to me like an energy boost or something,lol! :D

2. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

my snakes (2 corns 1 rosy) have their lazy days as well. they seem to be more active on nice sunny days and a little more relaxed and lazy on cloudy or rainy days. although sometimes they could just be roaming around no matter what the weather is like. :)

3. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

But for weeks in a row? And it was raining today the whole day!I guess she might be hungry for another rat pinky,lol!

4. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

maybe. after you fed her did she seem like she was still looking around for more? i'm not really sure of an answer for you so does anyone else out there have an opinion or reason? :)

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

maybe she now realizes that spring is in the air and she's hoping to find a mate !!!

6. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

There really is no need to be worried - there's nothing wrong with a snake lying around in its hide for weeks - you get to know a snake's character and what becomes normal for them. Although remember, just because you didn't see her roaming around doesn't mean she wasn't - it's likely she'll have been out wandering around at night when you were asleep.

She's probably now hunting for food or a mate, or indeed just exploring as snakes like to do.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Or searching for that one way out of the tank that they all seem to know how to find if its there!

8. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

I'm amazed how much she's grown since I have her.But she would be too small for a mate,she's only about 20", but about one and a half years old!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.