This Disappears When Logged In

Roaches.

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by bradyloach, Jan 25, 2012.

1. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

Hey guys!

Anyone know any place to get dubia roaches in ontario? they cant be shipped from the us to canada. Other then gechoboys gechos, he hasent gotten back to me in a day

2. DSling

DSling Well-Known Member

I've found out that this is the worst time of the year to try to get Dubias. Everywhere seems to be out of the large (which is the ones that I need) because of the temps. I've searched around on fauna classifieds trying to fine somebody that has them in stock but the prices just seem to be going up and up. You can search on there for somebody that is in Canada. I am going to start a large colony soon (regardless what my wife says) and the extras that Toothless doesn't eat I will sell to our local pet shop.

3. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

Yah! Can you give me a link that ships them to Canada? There illegal here

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

check out kijiji!

5. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

I did! No luck at all here in northern Ontario....

6. DSling

DSling Well-Known Member

Did a little research for you. It seems that you will have to stick to crickets. You can follow this link that talks about them in general. The gist is that they are illegal to own and sell. An environmental impact study must be performed before they will allow them. You may feel free to try to get the ball rolling to have the ban lifted. Good luck with the bureaucracy of it all.

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Are locusts available in Canada, because they are an excellent food?

8. mld

No, there are not allowed here either!

But we have lots of Canadian Night Crawlers!

9. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

its super gay... theres a guy selling like 6 hours from me, but he will only sell males... some people i tell yah

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Tell him that you want some smaller nymphs for a gecko. That way you stand a chance of getting some females as they get bigger.

11. mld

Yeah, I saw that one! Which is fine for just feeding while your colony gets going on its own.

I have way too many males, and my beardie prefers the females or the freshly molted males. She's a little picky!lol

12. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

that is true! ill call him soon, good idea merlin. ill ask him again if he can sell me a female to start making it easier to get roaches in ontario

13. mld

Hopefully the guy doesn't know how to sex nymphs!

14. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

haha yeah that would suck! hopefully gechoboy will get back to me... whens the last time you bought something of him?

15. mld

I only bought from him once, and that was over a year ago! I know people here who have them, but they wouldn't even think about shipping them. I can guarantee there are more people in Ontario who have them then you think!

16. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

im asking around everywere! ahah i want these roaches! my monitor isnt full of tiny crickets :p

17. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

i found some!!! but there like 6 hours away.... luckily my girlfriend lives an hour away from him.... he said he would give me nyphs and some males... im gonna pay him to throw in like 10 females tho :) think its worth the 6 hour drive?

18. mld

Good to hear!

19. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Found me some dubias up in the cities here :D picking me up some tomorrow

20. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

yay, im going to pick them up next weekend! super pumped! how long does it take to get a colony started? like being able to feed them to my monitor?