This Disappears When Logged In

Roach Breeding

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by Seandeezy, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Seandeezy

Seandeezy Elite Member

So recently when I went into the reptile store which I normally go to and I was informed that roaches were more nutritious for the reptiles. So I went ahead and bought some and my AFT seemed to love them. I'd like to breed them since they are kind of on the expensive side.

What exactly do I need?

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

What species do you have?

3. Seandeezy

Seandeezy Elite Member

1059.jpg

That probably would have been pretty important information to include lol. I believe they are Dubia roaches.

The ones I have don't exactly look like that, but they are close. I'm just guessing mine aren't fully grown.

4. kriminaal

5. Seandeezy

Seandeezy Elite Member

IMG_0630-500x350.jpg

Not sure if this is the same bug, but this looks like the ones I'm feeding to my AFT. Still a Dubia?

6. kriminaal

Yes that is a Dubia.

7. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Like Mike said, great choice. Easy to breed, prolific, and nutritious. Only downside is they take longer to get going that a cricket colony, for example.

8. Seandeezy

Seandeezy Elite Member

Another question that would have probably been important for myself to ask. How many roaches does it take to start to get the ball rolling? And how long am I looking at until I start noticing something?

I only ask because I've never bread insects before haha.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I started with 100 mixed sizes. Took a couple of months before I could feed out of it.