This Disappears When Logged In

RIP Sog

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by JoeyG, Jul 15, 2012.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Well, it's hard to say it but I have recently lost one of my Pythons. SOG my little guy has passed away and I've been left scratching my head. He was doing well and his enclosure had everything right. My temps and humidity were doing well, sheds were awesome and was eating like a horse..... He died while I was at work and I found him stretched out at the bottom of his cage..... I took his little body to the Vet to see if they could find something, but they didn't. As far as she could tell from the test they did he was parasite free..... Maybe it was something they missed but it's really been bugging me because I haven't lost any animals since I was a kid :( I feel like I must have done something wrong but I just can't see what... I'm soooo frustrated failing my little guy, everyone else is doing well and thriving so I really hope it wasn't me :(

RIP little guy
    7161506236_1357154b73.jpg
    IMG_4961

Attached Files:

2. mele

mele Elite Member

I'm truly sorry to hear of Sog's passing. You're in my thoughts.
    Rest in Peace little guy.

3. robdavis305

robdavis305 Member

Sorry for your loss. If people are as passionate for their reptiles as I am then they are part of the family.

4. justor

justor Elite Member

So sorry For your loss. :( It's a shame the vet couldn't give you any answers.

5. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

DUDE!!!! I'm sorry to hear about Sog, I know you were taking good care and him and all your snakes, This same thing happened to me earlier this year, I wanted Sog and my little girl to together for some baby GTP making :)

Sorry for your loss

6. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

Sorry for your loss :(

7. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Thats the worse man. I am sorry. Its hard not at the very least getting the peace of mind of knowing what happened.

8. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Thanks everyone

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Stop beating yourself up!
    Sometimes we lose them!
    It may be some birth defect that finally showed itself. It may be some disease that you didn't know about. We can sit here and play what if all night long and it won't change a thing.
    Sometimes unfortunately it just happens.

10. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Like Merlin said sometimes these things just happen.
    Rest in peace Sog

11. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Sorry about the lost man. I'm sure you were a wonderful owner and he was a happy snake. Not everything lives forever... He's happy in snake heaven, and eating all the mice and mouses he can! Like i said, I'm sorry for your lost.

12. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Joey I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you take great care of your snakes.

Sometimes these things just happen and we don't know why.

RIP SOG

13. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

So very sorry to hear about Sog!
    Take peach in knowing that it's not your fault, you gave Sog a wonderful loving home.

14. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I am so sorry for your loss. He was very pretty.