This Disappears When Logged In

RIP Ebony :(

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Kernel, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

I hope so too. I find that both individulaly owned reptile shops and fish shops uaually only have 2 day quantees (or at least the ones in my area do). Other than that, he's been great and I have learned allot of my experience from him (and you guys of course :))

2. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

3. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Sorry Kernel. That really stinks. RIP Ebony.

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Sorry about your loss with the little guy he was really cute. :( Hope you can work something out with the petstore.

5. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

It just really irritates me. I had wanted one for a long time and finally got one and then... this...

6. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Thanks, Joey.

7. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

So very sorry for your loss :(

8. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Oh no! I'm so sorry Kernel. I was hoping for the best last night. He was such a cutie. I really do hope everything works out with you and the owner of the pet store. RIP Ebony.

9. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Thanks, Tori.

10. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Well, I took him to the pet store to see what he thought and he said it looks like he has broken ribs cause he's all flattened out close to the neck (he wasn't like that when I put him in the fridge). He's going to have the vet do a necropsy and will let us know what he finds out. He didn't offer to give a refund, store credit or anything, but I'm hoping he will after he gets the results of the necropsy.

11. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Let us know what the necropsy turns up, sorry for your loss Kernel.

12. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

So sorry for your loss! I'm hoping the best turns out after the vet looks him! Surely something was already wrong with him. :(

13. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

Oh I'm so sorry for you and ebony. Its worse that he gave you the thought that he might make it. I'm sorry for your loss and Ebony will be missed. Sorry he didn't make it *hug*

14. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Thanks everyone. I will be sure to let y'all know the results of the necropsy.

15. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Got the results of the necropsy and they couldn't find anything. They did find a few broken ribs (I'm stumped as to how that would have happened, unless it happened when he regurged), but he said they were non life threatening. So, now I'm left with more questions and absolutely no answers. The reptile shop owner is going to get in touch with the breeder and see if he can work something out. Hopefully I will get my refund, but I have no idea if I will or not.

16. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

So frustrating not knowing what it was! Hopefully he can give you a refund

17. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

That is really sad and also SO frustrating not knowing what killed him.
    Sorry for your loss, Caleb. :(

18. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

So sorry to hear of your loss. Sad news :(

19. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Thanks. All I can do now is hope he gives a refund or replacement.