This Disappears When Logged In

RIP Ebony :(

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Kernel, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

My little MBK that I just got on the 2nd just died in my hands about 30 minutes ago :((( I waited the full week and then fed him on Monday. I checked him yesterday and he was (or seemed to be) fine and then tonight I go in there to check on him and he's laying on his back and there a dead smell. It turns out the dead smell is his regurgitated mouse, so I pick him up and he's moving around a little bit with his tongue flickering and then he rolled over and died in my hands :(((

2. annarawrr

annarawrr Elite Member

I'm so sorry for your loss! You're the fourth person (including myself) I've seen this week on HC who's had a herp pass away ): I think the poor little guy was just too ill when you got him. Hope you feel better soon :)

3. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Oh no! That's terrible!

Are you planning on getting a necropsy done?

4. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Now he's breathing again, but otherwise not moving. What do you make of this?

If he does die (which looks probable) I'm definitely going to look into getting one done..

5. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Oh no! He looked so healthy and no!!! I hope he pulls through.

Go Ebony keep breathing!!!

Did you get him from a breeder? I forget if you mentioned that in your other thread. I would be contacting whomever you got him from!

6. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

I posted this on another forum when they asked me the same question.

7. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

And yes, I thought he was healthy too. He gave no signs (until now of course) the he was ill.

8. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Fingers crossed for little Ebony.

9. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Thanks

10. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

I hope the little guy pulls through man. I know how much you love those herps of yours :(

11. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

I hope the little guy pulls through. :) we dont want to lose anymore scaly friends.

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats rough! Hopefully he will pull thru.

13. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Are there any updates? Hoping for a favorable outcome. :)

14. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Poor little guy! Sending healing thoughts your way, and hope for a full recovery!

15. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

He passed :((( He's stiff as a board :((( RIP Ebony :(((

16. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats too bad! He obviously had issues before he came to you.
    Hopefully the breeder will make good on it.

17. mld

So sorry to hear about Ebony :(
    Poor little guy must have been sick from the get go!

18. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Sorry to hear the bad news :(:( may he RIP

19. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

He came from a pet store. I have gotten 8 other snakes and a blue tongue skink from him and all have been 100% healthy. I know him personally so hopefully he will refund or something even though his guarantee is only 2 days.

Apparently, but the pet shop had him for several weeks and he was eating like a pig. Seemed very healthy when I got him as well and eagerly ate his pinkie, but then regurged and died :(((

Thanks, RIP Ebony :(((

20. mld

Well, hopefully he will refund you or give you another! 2 days guarantee isn't long at all, but since you frequently purchase from him, maybe he will refund.