This Disappears When Logged In

RIP Colossus

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by pjrojo, Nov 10, 2013.

1. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm sad to say that Colossus (GTP #56, 2011 Lereh) passed away over night, I woke up this morning to spray and Colossus was on the bottom of the enclosure, I'm pretty dang sure I did everything I could but Colossus just would not eat, What a hobby we have at times it is so rewarding and others it's days like this but I would not trade my hobby for the world

RIP
    First Picture Taken
    8517975580_95da12fc64_z.jpg

Last picture taken
    10736262016_e576cd823d_z.jpg

2. 0Amy0

0Amy0 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss :( what a beautiful snake.

3. dylroche

dylroche Well-Known Member

Ah that sucks... Sorry for your loss gorgeous snake

4. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Oh man. I'm so sorry. I know you did everything you could, but like you said, she just wouldnt eat. When you posted that last picture I didn't want to say anything but I could tell she was way under weight. I'm sorry for your loss man. Hang in there

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Sorry bro.... I lost one too and took it hard after all the effort you put in them. I have a female that has not eaten most of the year and I've owned her for 5 months now and has yet to take a meal. I've gotten to the point where I made my peace with survival of the fittest, not all will make it. Having said that I truly am sorry for your loss.... Ryan say anything?

6. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Is force feeding not an option with these guys?

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

not really, they are very fragile when young and can be hurt more by it then helped

8. pjrojo

Thanks Amy he/she was a looker, yeah

Thank you for your kind words

Thanks and for sure Colossus was way under weight but eating just wasn’t something he/she would do

Unfortunately force feeding would cause more damage to the snake, These guys are very fragile as youngsters

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Joey but as you know I pretty much counting the days but I still had hope, I even questioned myself but than I look at Nala and know I’m doing an okay job and see the time and effort is worth it, Sorry for your lose Man, All good thoughts and vibes sent to her in hopes she eats soon

Ryan got back to my right away and I mean right away, I didn’t ask for anything I was just letting him know what happened and he felt bad, He said when I’m ready just pick another one out of his baby yellows or reds and he offered a great deal on them, I want an ARU or Kofiau

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

So sorry for your loss Rojo.

10. pjrojo

Thanks Susan!!!

11. Sarandacotah

Sarandacotah Well-Known Member

I am so sorry :(
    I am happy that she spent her time with someone who actually cares and tries no matter what.

12. thinkbig317

thinkbig317 Elite Member

So sorry for your loss friend. RIP Colossus! ;(

13. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

aww poor colossus. Sorry you lost her.

14. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

I remember when you got that looker. I am sorry you lost her man- thats never easy.