This Disappears When Logged In

RIP Bear

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by purplemuffin, Sep 18, 2010.

1. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

[​IMG]

:( I'm not doing so well about this, I know animals die but I've never had many that did. And I've never had a dog as sweet and funny as this boy. He was my puppy, and the perfect fuzzy thing to cry on. And now that I need to cry he isn't here anymore. :( I feel so helpless being away at college, I hate getting phonecalls like this.

2. okiron

okiron Elite Member

Aww I'm so sorry. RIP Bear.

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I`m really sorry to hear this, it`s like losing a member of the family as far as I`m concerned. How old was he, and what was the problem if you don`t mind saying?

4. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

He was 9 years old, he ingested something--we aren't sure what. We took him to the vet as soon as we noticed him acting strange, but he was gone by the time we got there. Not fun :(

Edit: They, I mean. My parents took him, I only found out after it happened

5. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know you took great care of him and I know he loved you very much.

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

He was such a beautifuil animal, it isn`t much comfort, but he had a good life with you, but such a terrible shock... Life isn`t fair, that`s just the way it is....

7. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

I am so sorry for your loss! :(
    I too had a dog die from ingesting something. It was quite a shock and very hard, very sad. It turned out to be poisonous wild mushrooms that grew in our yard. That was a couple of years ago. :(

8. Cyclura08

Cyclura08 Well-Known Member

so sorry to hear about your loss. Im sure his final hours were filled with the love of his family, including you. Distance does not separate such a bond, and you should feel comforted knowing that he knew how much you loved him.

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Kat, I'm so so sorry to hear about your beloved Bear. I'm sure you have alot of great stories and fond memories of Bear that you can look back on and think of him and smile, laugh and cry. May he always be thought of as a great friend, and companion who will always be in your heart.

10. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Oh, Kat!! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! It must be very hard on you being so far away and hearing about it with a phone call~~

Try to hold on to the notion that Bear was loved right up to the end, and your parents did everything possible. Also, I'm positive that Bear knew you loved him and was there in spirit --- the connection we have with our beloved pets is far reaching.

I'm sending you loving, healing vibes...... HUGS!!!!

11. irateadidas

irateadidas Member

im so sorry about your loss...its always so hard to lose a friend ..

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm so sorry Kat! I know how you feel.
    Of all the animals I have had to say good bye to during my life's journeys, none have touched me anywhere close to the pain of losing my dogs.
    The old saying is true.
    A dog is the only love money can buy.

13. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm so sorry for your loss....there is no doubt he was a beautiful dog, and I hope you gain comfort in the knowledge that he knew he was loved.