This Disappears When Logged In

Ringed Pythons....

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by carl3, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carl3

carl3 Member

I love these guys...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

Okay, so with all of these gorgeous snake pics you are posting, you are successing in making me veeeeeeeeeery envious! LOL J/K (sorta..) :p ;) Thanks for sharing all of these! I really enjoying them!!!

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

really nice looking snakes you have there,,,,thanks for sharing

4. BandyBandy

BandyBandy Member

They are beautiful snakes. :eek:

I have never seen them before. How big do they grow ? Do they come in other colours ?

Richard.

5. Dave_R

Dave_R Member

Wow, very beautiful snakes ya got there. I really like the orange and black one, remindes me of my high school colors.

The snake under the O&B one, is that a rainbow boa? I was going to get one of them before I found Slinky at a local pet store.

6. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

If I recall the ringed python correctly... the brighter ones are the baby's and the darker ones with the irredescence are adults.

7. Kikai

Kikai Elite Member

Hey, Carl3, good to see you followed us along! :)

The ringed pythons start off flourescent as babies, and darken up as they age to the irridescent patterned adults in the bottom pictures. They are VERY cool snakes, one of the smaller species that stay manageable as adults, and also good feeders from what I hear. They are on my want list.

Carl3, you still going to NY?

8. carl3

carl3 Member

Thanks...

Kikai...Yup...I'll still go to WP, NY....

You also hit the nail on the head about Ringeds. They are the most aggressive feeders I've ever seen. Its crazy the way they attack and play with their food. lol. They swing it, drag it, roll over it, constrict it 5 times over, push it, pull it, etc etc..lol

They seem to be manageable to me. Out of the 4 I have, only the orange striped one has bitten me and he is a little flighty. I'm sure he'll calm with more frequent handling. Besides, he can't even break skin. The others are very easy to handle, as long as I don't spook them when first touching them. Otherwise, they sorta jump & tense up, but they've never bitten me.

Their color change is kinda cool. Many people think that they become ugly as adults, but like anything else, its a matter of opinion. Plus, I think different genetic stock has different demeanor since everyone else I know that has had experience with them says their nasty and will bite bite bite. I'm hoping that the docile and calm behavior of mine will be genetic.lol. But it will be a few more years before I try breeding them as they're all pretty small still.
    -jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.