This Disappears When Logged In

Ringed Python

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by twilcox1313, Jul 25, 2011.

1. twilcox1313

twilcox1313 Active Member

Alright, im confused here..
    I was looking into other pythons and i found a wonderful addition to my family, a friend knows a breeder local to me & he had some Bothrochilus boa
    AKA RINGED PYTHONS
    and i was wondering why they are called Ringed Python's if they are listed as, species: B. Boa

anyway he is just a little over 2 feet in length and is super lovey, he actually lays on my shoulder with his tail wrapped around my neck and i think he sleeps, he would stay there for 2 hours if i let him (maybe, just a guess)
    I got him for a extremely great price (traded some tattoo work) LOL
    Its just a shame that the ultra bright orange rings will fade over time...

His temperament is amazingly friendly, Not even my BP is like this..
    shes super emo, when she wants to be.. :p

Been looking for care sheets online but to no avail, i looked on here but most ppl are just suggesting them and not really saying much about them..
    Being that they come from a very tropical climate i would think its quit simaler to others of the same local
    *Bismarck Archipelago* according to the Bothrochilus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I will continue my search, but i would really love some HELP with this beauty!!

Pics soon to come,

2. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

I don't own any, and have no first hand knowledge, but while searching online I found this info written by an owner of them....I can't vouch for the accuracy or anything, (although the article was printed in a herp society's newsletter, so I would hope it is good info..)...anyways, I figured it might be of some help to you until someone else comes along with firsthand experience.
    My Experience With Bismarck Ringed Pythons