This Disappears When Logged In

Rex's New (temporary) Terrarium

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Nickysixx, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

This is Rex's new 40 gallon terrarium! He likes it already! I have two basking spots a tree and a stone platform. He has a waterfall and a swimming pool. I have two thermometers set up one hot side one cool side. I need to get more leaves for his cool side. I will also be getting a auto fogger and mister.

Attached Files:

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

That's alot of empty head room that you could fill with vines and branches for him to climb.

3. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

I'm probably going to be getting more vines for him to climb on tomorrow. I kind of impulse bought the tank.

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

That's they way it always seems to go. Once he has more climbing things I am sure he will be happy.

5. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

Like Thala said, more climbing things are needed. They love it but it is fun to watch them be acrobatic (for the most part ;) )

6. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

Thanks for the tips guys! I bough the digital thermos with humidity sensors too! They work great.

7. Tired

Tired Elite Member

You'll have to build a very large enclosure very soon, just a word of warning; they need alot of space.

8. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

He's only about 4 months right now. This tank is temporary for the next 4 months until he grows to big for this one. I'm building ontop of a 120 gallon tank that'll ill be buyin in two months

9. Tired

Tired Elite Member

What total dimensions did you have in mind?

10. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

4' wide 6 ' high 2.5' deep

11. Tired

Tired Elite Member

I'd make it 5.5 wide

12. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

More comfortable ? I'm working with limit space, I might be able to extended it to 5.

13. Tired

Tired Elite Member

It's optimal to allow a good land to water ration

14. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

I planned on doing like a level on top with some ground for him to walk on we're he can come up the side if he would like.

15. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Your dimensions are fine you dont need to do 5 wide but if you can do taller that would be good.

16. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

17. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

Awesome tanks. I'm doing mine over a matter of a couple months so I think I'll have it perfect by the time it's needed.

18. RomanLA

RomanLA Elite Member

Here's a shot of my 40 gallon breeder. The water bowl is on the hot side above an undertank heater. I also added an additional vine that's not pictured on the hot side over the water. That way he could get up under only his UV light on the hot or cold side. I found he would spend more time going back and forth on the vines that actually basking under his heat lamp. Anyway, he really liked all of the vines across the front. He would often sleep on top of them and sometimes under them on the floor.

40gal_1.JPG

19. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

20. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

So I moved him into the bigger tank and got a auto fogger but he won't eat today. I even have him some mealworms. Nothing