This Disappears When Logged In

Revamped Grey Tree Frog Home

Discussion in 'Vivariums' started by LilyPad, Jun 2, 2011.

1. LilyPad

LilyPad Well-Known Member

I didn't know much of what I was doing at first when creating a habitat for Paddy, But I think I'm getting the hang of it!

This was when I first built the enclosure. No stable branches, moss which could cause impaction, and not enough plants.
    253730_10150194297981976_625681975_7530432_7164992_n.jpg

I'm going to pick up a couple of live plants to fit in there now, but here is where I'm at so far.
    IMG_20110602_180430.jpg

Already using the leaves to hide (had just eaten a cricket here so she's sitting kind of funny!)
    IMG_20110602_180511.jpg

Who sells some nice backgrounds? I want to add that to give her even more security.

ETA: I did pack down the coco husk now so she is much more comfortable hopping around on it!

Attached Files:

2. Yurusumaji

Yurusumaji Elite Member

Looks awesome!

3. LilyPad

Thank you!! I can already see this is going to remain a work in progress... Having too much fun picking out stuff for my little froggy!

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

YAY! Any aquarium background will do.

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

That looks amazing, can't wait to see the final product!

6. vega74

vega74 Elite Member

Your setup looks very nice.

7. LilyPad

Thanks everyone, I'm having a lot of fun with this. Tonight I'm going to buy some real plants (I work at a garden center and we didn't have any of vivarium safe plants that I wrote down!) I think that I'm going to do a cork background with some creeping fig if I can find it anywhere. I read that will really fill in and look nice. I think some african violets would add a nice touch too.

What can I do to get my plastic plants to stay stuck? The suction cups are not working very well.

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Add a drop of mineral oil to the suction cup.

9. logansmommichelle

logansmommichelle Well-Known Member

Wow this looks really good. i am going to steal some of the idea for when my tads are big. Where did you get it all from?

10. danieljones90

danieljones90 New Member

Both enclosures have looked pretty neat so far, good job!
    You can buy 3D backgrounds from sites such as ebay and amazon.com or all pet stores sell 2d aquarium ones and some even have 2D ones for reptiles,
    I shall have my new setup finished around mid to late august and should have some real plants in it.
    Goodluck with it all and keep it up.

P.s.
    On that note do you know of any other plants I could use in my enclosure. Atm I have rhoeo discolor, a pepperomia and a syngonium.

11. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, that's a wonderful set-up! :)
    That's one lucky frog!!

12. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

That looks great! He is very lucky to be spoiled like that. :p

Btw, most pet stores carry basic aquarium backgrounds that are reversible as jungle or forest.

Or, you could find a wall paper for like a kids room or something and laminate it.