This Disappears When Logged In

Retic People?

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by Amelia, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amelia

Amelia Elite Member

Aww no posts on retics, come on some of you have to own some of these wonderful snakes, at least I should hope that Im not the only one on this forum who does..

2. Lord_Jason

Lord_Jason Active Member

I think im one of the few that actually owns Retics, and I have two. I have a 13' Tiger male and a 4' Het albino female.

Paul

3. El SD Fan

El SD Fan Banned User

retics ARE wonderful snakes but they deffinately arent for everyone. i myself can not keep them cos i basically care for my animals alone, and a lone keeper for a retic = dead keeper. they are strong and beautiful animals and require a lot of respect and a LOT of care. i would, however love to see pics from the brave souls that do keep these magnificent creatures.

Danni

4. Amelia

Amelia Elite Member

Currently we have a female super only about 10ft, she is just starting to put on the weight the females do as they grow larger, and then we have a lavendar albino male who is about 11ft, and a female jampea, hopefully she will be putting some weight and size on her this year as well, currently she is about 6ft, everything is pretty much bigger then me being im only 4'11, but oh well, I havnt grown in years and I probably wont any more, I think I prefer to take pics of them when it warms up, much easier to photograph them outside on the lawn then having to try and control their movement in the basement. Although maybe I can get some feeding pics or something, this is just the start of the retic collection, as I hope to acquire many more over the years, as well as bloods my other favorite, as for the rest of our collection theres a lot more snakes in there, but retics and bloods are my favorites.

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Amelia,,,you gotta have some pics laying around to share....I'd love to see some of those beutifull animals you have.

6. Lord_Jason

Lord_Jason Active Member

Excuse me,

I know more than one person that keeps retics that lives and works alone. And Im one of them. If you want a retic, and dont want a big one, get a Super Dwarf, maxing out at 6-8 ft they are smaller than an adult female RTB in most cases, as well as lighter bodied.

Paul

7. Amelia

Amelia Elite Member

Super dwarves are very cool looking as well as size wise, although it can be tricky getting your hands on an actual super dwarf and not one of the other dwarf species, also depends on if you are wanting a wc or cb one, I havn't seen too many cb ones available, and even so with the small clutches they have. By the time I am done ordering cages to set up in a room, and getting around to snakes to put into them they will probably have a lot of other retic morphs with dwarf blood into them, so Im all for that. Seems not a lot of people with retics here on this forum as there are on other forums, but its alright.

8. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

Enough talk.. Time for photos.
    By the way Rach, when I kept large constrictors, I did it alone as well. Not recommendation, of course.
    My only pic of the retics.
    Zane

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.