This Disappears When Logged In

RETF on the Floor!

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Pharoe, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Pharoe

Pharoe Member

Hey everyone,

I got a RETF two weeks ago. The first few days he was on the glass, but ever sense he has been on the floor. Should I be worried???

Thanks,
    Pharoe

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Sorry I don't own a Red Eyed Tree Frog, so I'm not very familiar with them, I'm sure that someone will be by to help you out.

quick question, What are the temps on the floor compared to the top portion of your enclosure? Is your tank a tall tank or a long tank?

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

You need to give us a VERY detailed description of how this tank is set up. Photo if possible too.

4. Pharoe

Pharoe Member

Its a 40 gallon breeder tank that i converted with the website instructions you gave me. It has large river cut rocks as the substrate with about a 1/4'' of water filtering through a waterfall. There are fake plants, high pieces of driftwood, and some frog moss. the temperature is 80 during the day 75 at night (i used a fan type home heater and just placed it a few feet away from the tank...it worked) and the humidity stays consistently 80%-90% with a ultra sonic humidifier.

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Ditch the frog moss. Now. If eaten accidentally it can wrap around the intestines and cut off circulation, killing the frog.

Bump up your day temp if you can by 5 degrees. The humidity can (and should) drop a little. 70% is ideal. Is there any way to add a spot light to make a basking spot? that would up the temp and allow him to pick his spot. 25 watt incandescent bulb is all you should need in a small shop light fixture.

Are you dechlorinating your water?