This Disappears When Logged In

Rest Peacefully: Isis, My Savannah

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by FervidBrutality, Jul 3, 2011.

1. FervidBrutality

FervidBrutality Elite Member

Wednesday afternoon (June 29th) I came home afternoon to find that Isis passed away. In case you haven't seen, I have a couple of videos of her here on this site of her an her Kong ball.

From day one, I did what all care sheets advised not to do - I handled her. Nearly EVERY day. I don't really know why, but I did.

She was timid, frightened maybe. The slightest form of movement or noise, she would hurry into her hides. Only ever coming out to eat or make 'boom boom'. 

It didn't take her long to get tolerant of my presence. Once she got to that point, both of our lives began to transform. 

This lizard was a major part of my life. A lot of time, effort and dedication was put in to caring for her. 

I was proud of what she became. She turned in to what many people aren't able to see in a reptile. There was a sense of trust. She was sociable, not just with me, but anyone. She was friendly, actually. She acted like a dog. 

Maybe I don't have her actions and reactions in the right perspective, but that's what I saw of her. 

Monday morning before I left for work, I noticed an odd white spot. I know now that it was lilely to be a lesion formed from cancer. It's tearing me up. I cry every day over losing her. But I know it's going to push me to be even better to my future reptiles. 

I'm having her cremated, with claw imprints done on clay. And I've got that little red Kong ball on my TV stand where I'll see it every day. 

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

So sorry to hear that Isis passed away! :(
    I always enjoyed watching the videos of her and the Kong, it was so cute, she really enjoyed playing with it!

3. ksola

ksola Elite Member

They become part of the family and are missed as any member would be. RIP

4. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Sorry for your loss. :(

5. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

You have the entire McConley clan mourning your loss. I know how you loved Isis. I am glad you are doing the things you need to do for closure. I also know you gave her an awesome life and a dignified death.

6. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

I am very sorry for your loss. I know how much Isis meant to you and know she will be missed.

7. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Sorry to hear of your loss, that is very sad news. :(

8. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

9. ninja6259

ninja6259 Well-Known Member

im sorry sorry to hear about Isis

10. methos75

methos75 Elite Member

how old was she if you don't mind

11. Horselover

Horselover Elite Member

Isis seemed like a great pet. You'll see her again someday,without a dout.:(((

12. gazjd

gazjd Elite Member

so sorry for your loss, when you bond with an animal like that they become much more than just a "pet" they are family and losing them is no easier because there not human. RIP Isis

13. FervidBrutality

FervidBrutality Elite Member

Thanks everyone.

She was only in my care for a year - a very very VERY short time... Whatever it was it was quick because the only sign I had was the night prior, she was sleepin outside of her hide.

She definately sparked something in me to have a love for monitors. Now only 3 weeks later, I have a little Timor that's got a svl of only 4" very spunky and eating since day 1. :)

I have that feeling back from when I first had Isis.