This Disappears When Logged In

Respiratory Problems

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by Josh, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh

Josh Elite Member

Trina has been wheezing and almost coughing. Are there any suggestions she was at the vet and he said it was "normal"

2. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Was this a reptile vet or just a regular cat or dog vet that will see reptiles? Is there any mucus or anything that you can see?

Please give us a run down on how you keep him, temps, substrate, humidity, etc. Maybe there is something that's a little off in housing that might do the trick.

3. Josh

Josh Elite Member

I keep her in a 85 gallon aquarium with reptile bark at around 87-93 degrees and about 65percent humidity she didn’t start until shortly after I got her but where I got her had her stuffed into this little 5 gallon and was feeding her 1 pinky mouse a week

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

That is NOT normal. It may not be as severe as a URI but I would recommend going to a quality herp vet.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Indeed! You need another vet who actually knows what they are doing. Coughing and wheezing is most definatley NOT normal!!
    Check www.ARAV.com or Herp Vet Connection
    Or if you tell us what area you live in, maybe someone can refer you to a good vet.
    Which this snake needs!

6. Josh

Josh Elite Member

i am located in central pennsylvania, and if you can find me a good vet it would be greatly appreciated

7. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Herp Vet Connection

8. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

It should be noted that pythons (and boas) will make a sound a lot like a wheeze when exerting themselves (climbing, constricting, trying to push their ways out of their cages, etc). However, those sounds are occasional, and should be associated with some kind of heavy exertion.

If it's consistent, permanent wheezing and coughing, definitely get that snake to a good herp vet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.