This Disappears When Logged In

[Resolved] - Search By Location

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Moshpitrockchick, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I think it would be a cool idea to have the option to search members by location so that you could talk with people in your area to discuss vets and other aspects of keeping herps with.

2. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

that's a great idea.....but not everyone tells their location (some because they are kids and it's for protection)

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If members enter their location in their profiles it will show up on the upper right corner of their posts. It doesn't have to be specific just a general area.

4. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Understandable, I actually use the name of a city that i'm near (spokane) because I get tired of people asking where Newman Lake is. Spokane is about 15 minutes away and more people have a general idea of where it's at, so thats why I use it.

5. joeking

joeking Elite Member

I think I would be the only Newfoundlander=(

6. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

That is actually a cool idea Lacey. Even though I can see where people are from it would be cool to have a whole list of people near by.

7. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

This feature is already built into the site. When you are viewing the memberlist (Link in the Quick Links Menu), you have the option to search the memberlist. Below the input box is an "Advanced Search" feature. Click that.

From there, just fill in the location field and run a search! Don't use abreviations though unless yours is unique. For example, MA would also return hits on "AlabaMA since the MA is in the state name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.