This Disappears When Logged In

[Resolved] - Navigation

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by SurvivorSteph, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

Hey Rich,

How about adding either a "back to top" or "new posts" link to the bottom of the thread pages, somewhere near the quick reply box? For us lazy members?? :D

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

just under the last post, there is a light green box. In this box is a way to get back to the forum. :) Its new.

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

As Liz mentioned, there is a breadcrumb trail just under the last post. There is also a "TOP" button on the very bottom of the page. That will shoot you up as well.

4. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

For once I understand what your saying about a breadcrumb trail, see I did learn something at the Moodle workshop on Monday.:D

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ok for the technically ignorant (like ME!)
    What the heck is a breadcrumb trail?

6. venus

venus Founding Member

This is below the last post...You can click any of the names and get to that area of the forum. Its background is green :)

HC Network > Herp Center Info > Site Suggestions > General Suggestions > Navigation

7. Rich

Hello,

A breadcrumb trail is exactly that, a breadcrumb trail.

Think of Hansel and Gretel. They left a trail behind them (out of breadcrumbs) that helped guide them back to where they came from. (Except those pesky birds ate them. Thats ok, the site is protected with an anti-bird system.) Needless to say, the sites breadcrumb trail is very much the same thing.

At the top of every thread, and at the bottom of every thread we have a bread crumb trail. Each of the links portray a level within the sites structure. The top level of the structure is our main forum page.

See, it isn't anything too difficult to understand!

8. Merlin

LOL I was looking for something else completely! I knew about the "trail" but had never heard it called that! Thanks! I learn something new every day!

9. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Hey Merlin dont feel bad I had no idea what he was talking about either until he explained it, lol. So Rich where is the insert photo thingy that used to be in the reply box so we can insert images from our gallery? I am dying here, lol

10. Merlin

The insert image icon is there

11. Rich

Readded, and now functions!

Test Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.